Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any benefit to washing a clean car with Z7 after multiple coats(5 -7) of Z2/Z5? In other words does Z7 augment the cross-linking after several coats of the polish on a garaged and hibernated car.

Post Thanks / Like
    From my understanding it replenishes some of the polymer stuff and always improves the shine and slick feeling after I wash...plus I think it is one of the best washes out there as expensive as it is...

I love the smell, color, and feel...nice suds too.

Post Thanks / Like
    My car has been looking better and better with each wash since I ZFX`ed it back in December.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation HELP! Not sure what to do with my car.

I`m needing some expert advice here, my car was slightly damaged when a light weight pole grazed it. It broke the a and r in the camaro on the side scratched the paint and put a slight ping just about the emblem. So we take to a local body that did some work on my daughter`s car and appeared to do a nice job. We tell the guy not to worry about putting the emblem back that we were thinking about taking them off anyway and if he could remove the driver`s side emblem too. So he fixes it paints it and all. Drove the car home on Monday and parked in the garage. So tonight I go to uncover it to take it out and I`m taking a closer look at the paint running my hand on it etc. It would feel if it needed to be clayed. The car only 5400 mi. on it is covered with a dustop cover and garaged 99% of it`s 9 mo life. My paint was smooth when I took it to him. Is there any way to fix this??
    We`re having to take the back to him next week because when taking the emblems off the driver`s side he scratched the paint so he has to paint that side too. Not too happy about that at all. I don`t know what to do here any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like overspray might be on it, clay should take care of it.
    Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Sounds like overspray might be on it, clay should take care of it.
    Yes, probally didn`t mask off the rest of the car when he sprayed it. Typical deal for a volume shop /

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep Dwayne and Flash are right I also believe its just overspray. It should come off with clay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like a pretty easy fix.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry that happened to you Camarolady .

If you clay it you will probably need to wax it again too but DONT wax the new paint for 30 days .

If you use an agressive clay you may even need to polish it first ,then wax.

The shop should take care of this for you . But if it were me I wouldnt trust them to do any more work on it .

Even though this is typical of autobody shops , its a sign of poor prep work to have the car oversprayed in the first place . And to give the car back to you like that is surely poor quality controle.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks everyone for your help. Thanks DetailChick for telling about the 30 day wait on my new paint. Planning on doing the claying myself.
    So off to the how-to forum to see if I can find out how do that.
    You all are great!

Thread Information