Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was on line at CMA last night using the 15% discount ,so I had to get the Porter Cable pad kit, SICK isn`t it!! I don`t even have a PC!!! But now I have a good reason that makes sence to get one. I don`t know how long I can hold out . I guess I`ll have to go to another AA {Autopia Anonymous] meeting. High Noon here ,its been 3 days since my last detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just go buy it before the pads burn a hole in your fingers!

Post Thanks / Like
    The first car I will try, will be my mother in laws beater! LOL LOL LOL Anything I do will make that thing look better even burn marks. Hey, PC on 6000RPM and a bottle of Nu finish!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am ordering the pad kit from CMA with the 15% discount, but I don`t own a PC... might be a couple of weeks before I get one. I went to Lowe`s and found the baby for $109. As soon as I have some money to blow, I`m getting it. I`m detailing a friend`s car tomorrow, and I think he`ll give me $50 or something, so I`m on my way.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats the one 7336. No more sore hands and arms.I think Walmart is $98 but mine around here don`t have any in stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by High Noon [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>The first car I will try, will be my mother in laws beater! LOL LOL LOL Anything I do will make that thing look better even burn marks. Hey, PC on 6000RPM and a bottle of Nu finish! [/b]</blockquote>
    Actually neglected finishes can be fun for working on the paint because you will notice a huge difference in the before and after. Take pics of the before and after if you can. Try some AIO with the PC this by itself will bring back a remarkable amount of shine. However if the surface is really oxidized you may need a fine or medium cut rubbing compound first.

My .02 is that you won`t be sorry the PC is a high quality tool that will last for years and the biggie is that it will help you to achieve better results.

Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    The PC can do some pretty good things, but it won`t bring back a really neglected finish. That will require the use of a rotary buffer.

I think Jason put it best, the PC can make a good car great, but it will not bring it back from the dead.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Does AIO using a PC take out minor swirlls

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by High Noon [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Does AIO using a PC take out minor swirlls [/b]</blockquote>
    AIO and SG will help to fill and hide swirl marks but to remove minor swirls I would use the PC with SMR before the Klasse products.

<em class=`bbc`>clic pic[/i]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I held out about 12hrs after my CMA pad order came . I am the proud owner of a 7336. Walmart was out of stock so Lowes was the one. Can`t wait to try it:up

Post Thanks / Like
    My Wally World stinks they had nothing...I gonna look at the super Wally world tomorrow maybe if not then next door at home depot.

Have fun with your new toy..

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a big Wal-Mart, but I looked and didn`t see any Porter Cable tools at all. But their Web-site says it has the 7335. Since Lowe`s has the 7336 for ten dollars more, I`ll have to go for it (and I made $135 detailing a Milenia and a 528i today, so that will help... but my arms are about to fall off after 8 and a half hours of detailing). I can`t wait to get my PC.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    My Home Depo doesn`t carry it, I wonder why? I`ll let you know how it goes with the PC I am trying today

Post Thanks / Like
    High Noon,

There are 3 Home Depot stores near me, and none of them carry the PC. Neither does any WalMart. I think if you want to get it locally you must go to Lowes.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Showroom, Lowes is the Place

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information