Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    You know what the best thing was about the Cash 4 Clunkers Program?
    Whats that Flash?

Richy I may even do it tommarow . Are we talking about regular magic erasers from the supermarket ? Thats what I have ,or is there one esp formulated for cars ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say it acts like between 3000-4000g sand paper. I would not use it as a clay bar because you will have some major haze left over but I have used it for a fine grit sand paper and yes it does work. The Magic Eraser is a magical tool (pun intended)

Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Caution

I used this on my mica countertops at night and thought that it was doing a great job getting stains off i had been unsucesful getting off previously. In the light of day, I had "dull spot" everywhere I had scrubbed. My wife freaked out and............I now have granite counter tops!

Please don`t use it on your paint, it ate the mica up pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    Whats that Flash?
    It got 1,000,000 Obama stickers off the road :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It got 1,000,000 Obama stickers off the road :wink:
    I love it! I would dare to say the only good thing

Post Thanks / Like
    If all else fails, read the instructions. Da Rules!

The instructions specifically say NOT to use on auto body.

It works great on my stainless steel grill, even though the instructions say not to use on brushed SS. ut:

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats that Flash?

Richy I may even do it tommarow . Are we talking about regular magic erasers from the supermarket ? Thats what I have ,or is there one esp formulated for cars ?
    DC..no, there is not one formulated for cars. This is a ```````ized usage of it. Let me know how aggressive it is for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post
    If all else fails, read the instructions. Da Rules!

The instructions specifically say NOT to use on auto body.

It works great on my stainless steel grill, even though the instructions say not to use on brushed SS. ut:

Regards,
    GEWB
    GEWB..Of course it does. We know it WILL scratch, the issue is how much and what is it equivalent to? Could it replace 3G paper? That`s what I`m curious about. OF COURSE you would have to compound and polish after, just like you would after wet sanding.

Quote Originally Posted by PAR Detailing View Post
    I would say it acts like between 3000-4000g sand paper. I would not use it as a clay bar because you will have some major haze left over but I have used it for a fine grit sand paper and yes it does work. The Magic Eraser is a magical tool (pun intended)

Jon
    Jon..thanks for sharing. I was hoping to hear from someone who`s actually tried it. I didn`t think it was a new idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Richy I tried it but first let me explain I recently clayed , polished and put a sealant on a few weeks ago so it was already very slick and smooth to start with .

Also it was late in the day , the sun was shining but not directly above.

I used a brand new eraser and some spray wax and went over a small area with 4 light passes.

To my amazement it did not look marred at all . It did however take the sealant off or at least felt like it.

I am going to look at it again in better daylight and see if I see any marring i may have missed.

But this is probably not a good test because how many cars do you get that have already been clayed polished and have sealant on?

Thats my results so far no visible damage .

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to have to get this magic eraser you speak of :wizard:

Post Thanks / Like
    Id be really careful though Flash because I used it over BFWD and you may not get the same results over bare paint. Be prepared to polish afterwards from what Ive read so far.:smile:

Post Thanks / Like
    Id be really careful though Flash because I used it over BFWD and you may not get the same results over bare paint. Be prepared to polish afterwards from what Ive read so far.:smile:
    Oh, I`ll be testing it on a beater for sure. Probally be my car :Car smiley:

Post Thanks / Like
    It will mar the paint, nothing you can`t buff out but it will. It works wonders on leather...

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Richy I tried it but first let me explain I recently clayed , polished and put a sealant on a few weeks ago so it was already very slick and smooth to start with .

Also it was late in the day , the sun was shining but not directly above.

I used a brand new eraser and some spray wax and went over a small area with 4 light passes.

To my amazement it did not look marred at all . It did however take the sealant off or at least felt like it.

I am going to look at it again in better daylight and see if I see any marring i may have missed.

But this is probably not a good test because how many cars do you get that have already been clayed polished and have sealant on?

Thats my results so far no visible damage .
    Very interesting chick. Thanks for the test!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d be scared to try on paint, but I bet it would do wonders on faded trim - think Chevy Alvalanche!
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Very interesting chick. Thanks for the test!
    Sure Ceedog :smile:

I checked it again tonight with a LED flashlight and still did not see any marring but i have a feeling this says more about the BFWD than it does the eraser .

Any more experiments ? The car will be "retired " in a few days so I can abuse it in any way possible if needed :

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information