Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the E1 wipe n shine. is it ok to use over Klasse SG?
    2003 Apex Silver Lancer Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Perfectly ok. After one wash most of the wax it leaves should be gone and you can apply another coat of SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by waxman [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Yes. Perfectly ok. After one wash most of the wax it leaves should be gone and you can apply another coat of SG. [/b]</blockquote>
    I thought EO Wipe and Shine has no wax in it

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you are correct. I just meant whatever it left behind, if anything, would be gone and would not affect the SG application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, the Eagle One Wet-n-Shine is a pretty good product. Nice scent as well. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    For the price EO Wipe and Shine is a bargain. I used it yesterday as a QD and while it does not have carnauba like Clear Pearl or Show Off, its real easy to wipe off and attracts much less dust.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not too crazy about Clear Pearl, at least when it comes to the amount of effort required to buff off. It might produce better final results than E1 Wet Wipe/Shine, but I agree with rad21 in that it`s easier to buff. I find that E1 and Z-6 are two of the easiest QDs to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Travel Time..........

Good Morning

Yes, I was wondering what is the limit (time/mileage) before you consider charging for travel time. I really hate to nickel and dime a fella to death, but where do I draw the line Da Rules!

As always, any and all responses will be appreciated :-?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never thought of that. Very interesting question, as I too am interested in seeing the responses.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    My truck was totalled in the flood last May, so housecalls are rather few and far between these days.
    Depends on the client. If it`s someone that`s brought there car to my shop before, I`d go an hour 1.5hrs before I`d think of charging them.

I`m kind of a fool for the road though, I don`t need much of an excuse to get in the car and go.

I think a reasonable amount of time, for most everyone, would be around 45 minutes before the meter kicks in?
    Gary Bohannon

Beaux Art Detail
    Nashville, TN

Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s within a 10 mile radius it`s free. After that it`s $.50 per mile. I`m pretty flexible on that. It really applies to jobs that are all the way across town, say 80 mile round trip for example.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    I have never thought of that. Very interesting question, as I too am interested in seeing the responses.
    Well, lets see what we can find out Barry <:-P

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    My truck was totalled in the flood last May, so housecalls are rather few and far between these days.
    Depends on the client. If it`s someone that`s brought there car to my shop before, I`d go an hour 1.5hrs before I`d think of charging them.

I`m kind of a fool for the road though, I don`t need much of an excuse to get in the car and go.

I think a reasonable amount of time, for most everyone, would be around 45 minutes before the meter kicks in?
    WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ROADRUNNER!!!

Dude, I also suffered a good bit of loss in the flood on May 1st. I woke up at my usual (4:30am) I noticed it was raining cats and dogs big time. Got up and headed for the coffe pot, looked out my front window to notice everyones trash cans had floated down to the end of our cove, Water was 1/2 way up my front yard. I thought, hmmm, this has never happened before. I went and turned on the local weather hacks to see what they were saying. Well, they said we were getting hammered (no joke). I headed back for my second cup of joe and when I cut through the living room I noticed my feet were soaking wet. I thought, hmmm, Trouble, you better not have done what I think you have done here Da Rules! No, unless Trouble had grown a bladder the size of a sperm whale there is no way she could have done this Da Rules! Ended up with got about 2" thoughout 75% of of our home and about 6-10" in the garage. The whole deal set us back around 4k. No, we were not covered with flood insurance. They called this a 100 year flood. Sucked Donkey is what I called it :-B

I wish I had more ppl that would drop off there whips. Unfortunately, I have spoiled then far to long :-? I`m also with you for being a fool for the road. Hardly takes anything for me to jump on a road trip oppurtunity. Plus, It gives me a great oppurtunity to test drive some amazing cars :driving:

Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    If it`s within a 10 mile radius it`s free. After that it`s $.50 per mile. I`m pretty flexible on that. It really applies to jobs that are all the way across town, say 80 mile round trip for example.
    Thats about the limit I am thinking about setting Bill. The one greast thing about Memphis is you can be anywhere in 15 minutes (1 way) and 95% 0f my clients fall into this category, but I have a few that live 2 citys away, and man, that can really eat up a clock. Before I put soap in my bucket, I already have close to 2 hours invested ut:

Post Thanks / Like
    I go anywhere within a 30 mile radius.

I have a couple people who are out of my radius and I either charge them or let them know its "special" for them and usually get a good size tip for going the extra mile.

Since I recently got a van with much better gas mileage im not so strict about it especially in this economy i sometimes just take what I can get if im slow and hurting for business.

But I always let them know I am doing them a favor if I dont charge them extra for the further distance .:wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The one greast thing about Memphis is you can be anywhere in 15 minutes (1 way) and 95% 0f my clients fall into this category,
    Yeah, KC is so spread out... If I leave my house, drive to the "4 corners" communities at each corner of the city, it`s 45 miles per leg. 180 mile round trip!!!! (Lees Summit to Liberty, to KCK, to Olathe, back to LS).:wink:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information