Post Thanks / Like
    Well while XMAS shopping I saw some of STEVE`s beloved product ..... RAIN X Wheel protectant something or other.

I bought the last 3 bottles.

So I will test it out for I figure the next 3 years!

WooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Post Thanks / Like

Immaculate Reflections website is up!

Thanks to Resource Media, my website is up. Earlier this year I asked what I could do to improve my business this year and almost everyone said a website. So I got to work on it. I still need to add a few things to it (About me, Services, Current projects, and add more cars to the gallery), but the site is up and everything is functional.

Let me know what you think!

www.Immaculate-Reflections.com

or

www.IRdetailing.com

Both addresses go to the same place.
    Jeff
    Immaculate Reflections Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice start but for me it falls flat as it REQUIRES Adobe Flash to view the gallery. There is NO REASON to use Flash to view pictures.

If you are planning ahead to have your site viewable on mobile devices such as the iPhone, they do not use Flash or they don`t use it well.

Can you really afford to abandon that mobile device market because you use Flash? If so you must be doing really well and probably don`t need a Web site.

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post
    Nice start but for me it falls flat as it REQUIRES Adobe Flash to view the gallery. There is NO REASON to use Flash to view pictures.

If you are planning ahead to have your site viewable on mobil devices such as the iPhone, they do not use Flash or they don`t use it well.

Can you really afford to abandon that mobil device market because you use Flash? If so you must be doing really well and probably don`t need a Web site.

Regards,
    GEWB
    A very good point! I like how much smoother Flash galleries appear, and was considering adding one myself, but I hadn`t even considered the roadblocks I`d be putting up towards potential clients.

Thanks for the heads up!
    Connor Harrison

Inspection -> Correction -> Protection

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post

If you are planning ahead to have your site viewable on mobil devices such as the iPhone, they do not use Flash or they don`t use it well.

Can you really afford to abandon that mobil device market because you use Flash? If so you must be doing really well and probably don`t need a Web site.

Regards,
    GEWB
    Well I`m not trying to abandon anyone here, I`m not that arrogant. I had no idea the Iphone has FLASH issues. It works perfect on my HTC Evo. I will be talking to my web guy about making these changes so things are easier to view. Thanks!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CH.Detailing View Post
    A very good point! I like how much smoother Flash galleries appear, and was considering adding one myself, but I hadn`t even considered the roadblocks I`d be putting up towards potential clients.

Thanks for the heads up!
    You`re welcome! It`s AMAZING how many businesses have Web sites that require Flash to navigate, view products and services, etc. and never even consider the fairly new (and fairly large) mobile market.

Most businesses would be thrilled to reach +10% market over their competition (that is "self limiting") especially those markets with single digit margins and stiff competition. Instead, Flash-only says to mobile users "I don`t need you as a customer - go away!"

Think about some of the emerging mobile services that target users within a specific area. A business with excess capacity, as in "Hey, I`ve got tomorrow free to work on YOUR car - get a FREE dashboard treatment if you sign up in the next 60 minutes!", can send out a notice to any [name] mobile user within 25 miles of the business location, and only send it for 4 hours.

Flashy is "cute" but there are better ways to sell your business.

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like

Like It, but ...

I`d recommend adding some "before" pics to highlight the paint correction and quality of work you do. Shots of the finished cars is nice, but fails to impress as much if you had some nasty, grungy before pictures. That`s what I love about this site ... seeing the amazing turnaround on some of these vehicles.

Also, I only looked at 4-5 of the galleries, but didn`t notice any interior shots ... or maybe you only do exteriors?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Dent View Post
    I`d recommend adding some "before" pics to highlight the paint correction and quality of work you do. Shots of the finished cars is nice, but fails to impress as much if you had some nasty, grungy before pictures. That`s what I love about this site ... seeing the amazing turnaround on some of these vehicles.

Also, I only looked at 4-5 of the galleries, but didn`t notice any interior shots ... or maybe you only do exteriors?
    Thats in my to do list for the site with the other stuff i mentioned. This is just the start to have something up right now and it will grow. I`ve got thousands of before/after shots that can choose from to put up. And some really nasty turnarounds that will be sure to impress potential customers. Interiors will be posted too.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

So far Jeff I think it looks great .You obviously do incredible work :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    So far Jeff I think it looks great .You obviously do incredible work :thumbup:
    Thank you very much
    Jeff

Thread Information