Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    He`s back on the 19th. So is there anything I would put over the #20?

Post Thanks / Like
    You may want to consider Liquid Glass. It is available in most auto stores. It is a descent alternative if you can`t wait for products to be shipped to your area. I know that Liquid Glass is pretty durable, and has a high polymer content. It will also give you more of the mirror look.

It`s just an option. Use the search feature and search for threads about it.

You could put a wax over #20 if you want, but you dont have to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who makes it? Who carries it? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure who makes it. But I know PepBoys carries it. You can also put wax over it if you like. Either the #20 or Liquid Glass will work O.K. Klasse and Zaino are far superior products, but for store bought items #20 and Liquid Glass ain`t bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, I would like to extend a welcome to you. Considering that we are "neighbors", let me answer your questions.

1st: Dawn the car. What concentration should I use? Should I just wash it like I normally do? Should I even use the dawn, or should I just use the Meguiars gold class I normally use?

Technically, the regular Dawn will suffice for removal of old wax. Meguiar`s Gold Class is a wash but it has a conditioner for the paint.

2nd: Dry with a synthetic and blot with high pile cotton.

:up:

3rd: 3M Finesse It II. As many coats as it takes. Circular motions, or something different?

Are your swirl marks that severe? You might do better with 3M SMR if they are not. Also, you should apply this in a linear fashion as opposed to a circular motion. This will be more effective in getting rid of the swirl marks.

4th: Meguiars Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner to get rid of the 3MFIII haze. Just because I already have a big bottle of it and Brad thought it would work fine.

Try the Klasse sample from Brad

5th: ?? Looking for some advice on a nice glaze or sealant or something that will give me that deep wet look.

See 4th Step

6th: Meguiars #26 wax.

Not a bad wax. I still have mine. But it just doesn`t get used since I use Klasse and I will be getting Pinnacle Souveran very soon.

7th: Pull out a lawn chair, get a beer and just grin.

:up :up :up :up

Post Thanks / Like
    btw I found the Klasse products in my local autoparts store. Let your fingers do the walking and call your local places you may be pleasantly surprised.

If the weather cooperates I`ll use the Klasse this weekend on my truck. Like one of the guys said though there is nothing wrong with the #20 Sealant. I`ve been using it for three years on my work truck with very good results and longevity. I haven`t really timed it but it will last for 12 weeks anyway imo but like I mentioned earlier I`m not into waiting to the last shred of protection has deteriorated so I wouldn`t be a good judge of its ultimate useful life.

HERE is picture of the Klasse products so you know can see what they look like.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also plan to "fix" my car this Saturday. I have some Klasse All in One and Sealant glaze if you want to try them, that is what I will be using... I don`t have any of the 3M stuff though - where is that distributor in St. Louis?

Where around St. Louis are you located? If you have some shade and a place for me to wash/wax my car I`ll come over tomorrow if you want. You can email me for my phone number.

BTW, there is a GTG/drive happening for VW`s this coming Sunday afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I got my Finesse It and some Meguiars #20, couldn`t find the Liquid Glass. Maybe next time.

Mazman - Let me see if I have this straight. If I have some shade and a place for you to wash and wax your car, you`ll come over. Wow, what a deal! I suppose what I get out of this is the company of your presence and my lowly VW gets to sit next to an Audi! Just kidding. I`m out in the boonies, aka High Ridge. I work in Clayton. I just got my Finesse It from a place called Sunset Auto Paint Supply. It`s at 10107 Gravois. They`re only open from like 8:30 to 4:30, that`s why I went at lunch. What are the details on the VW GTG??? What club is it through? I only know of one other active Passat guy in the StL area, though I`ve seen a few modified ones around. The only shade I have is my garage, and I think I`ll have the B5 in there most of the day. Are you going to the GTG?

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought you wanted to try Klasse, I was going to let you use mine. I enjoy meeting other people that are interested detailing and automobiles. I guess for some people detailing is a private thing...

You can find out more about the GTG on vwvortex, look at the midwest section under gatherings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, take it easy, I was only kidding. Like I said though, I don`t think I have room. I don`t view detailing as a private thing. If I had some big trees or a big as garage like Brad, I`d invite you over, but I just have a small garage for shade. I`ll check out the GTG. Are you going to be there?

Post Thanks / Like

First order delivered.

I received my new v2 megs polisher among other items today. Prompt shipping, and very well packaged goods, I commend PAC for your selection, service and shipping excellence.

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PAC is awesome!!! :clap:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information