Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    The clays that have been mentioned in this thread are good ones. But a word of caution, stay away from Meguiars clay. Many members here report a quick break down of the clay, and that it causes lots of streaks and smears on the surface.

For store bought clays I would recommend:

Mothers Clay Bar

Clay Magic

Both work well and can be bought locally so you can save the $$ on shipping.

For clays that need to be ordered:

Zaino Clay

Pinnacle Poly Clay

Both of these clays work well also. But, these can get a little pricey once you add shipping.

All four of the clay work great. You just need to get one that fits how much $$$ you are willing to spend, and if you need it right away or if you can wait to have it shipped to you.

Good Luck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cybercowboy, welcome back!!

The Mother`s claybar works well, but because you have to buy a whole package, the value factor is slightly dimished. Fortunately, I live pretty close to a local Zaino distributor. I think the price difference is definitely worth it. The Zaino bar works great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quite honestly, I`m not satisfied with the Mothers..

But I have yet to use any other, so I don`t have anything to base a comparison on. It just leaves something to be desired for me (in using it, I have not problem with the performance)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used 2 Meguiar`s ones (white and yellow) and also the Mothers kit and prefer the latter. It`s harder to knead, but I prefer ripping it to small pieces so it doesn`t matter. The main advantage is it doesn`t leave any residue saving me a step.

The Mother`s one seems to be a bit weaker than the Meguiar`s one for really rough "orange-peel" surfaces though.

But thats what the ABC is for!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mother`s doesn`t leave any residue? I was going to Dawn after I used to to use my 3M and Klasse... but if I don`t need to? I was going to use their lub, is that where the oils come from? If so, what else can I use for lub?

Josiah

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally found some info on the 3M. It is buried on 3M`s site but maybe this link will work: http://products.mmm.com/us/auto_mari...glGSRTB2ST6Nbl

Anyway, it looks like they are about 7 oz @ about $22. That is a little over $3 per oz so it is next cheapest to Mother`s. The only problem is that it is not easy to find. Only place I was able to check is www.abcpromo.com . Has anyone ordered from this guys? Do you know of any other place to get this 3M clay?

Post Thanks / Like
    www.Motorhead.net has the 3m clay for $25. They do have free shipping on your first order, so if you get more stuff it will balance out.

HTH,
    puterbum

Post Thanks / Like
    puterbaum,

Thanks for the info on Motorhead. Where did you get the info on free shipping. I did not see any on the site.:bounce

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody Dremeling?

I`ve got some small aluminum bits to polish on a 24 yr old bike. If I could get to them it`d save a lot of disassembly. My Dremel fits where I have to get to fine, all the 1/8" shank Dremel buffs I`ve seen are too small for the job. There`s a ton of buffs and bobs around with 1/4" shank... which means using a drill or die grinder. Both too big to get into the places I need to. Just wondering if anyone`s ever seen an 1/8" to 1/4" shank adapter? I`ve Googled my brains out and haven`t found squat. I can`t believe with as long as Dremels have been around and the creative accessories that are available that nobody`s come up with something like this.

TIA... TL

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    They might have them in the maufacture sector...........:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried the Eastwood Co. catalog? Not sure what you`re talking about, but the catalog seems to have all kinds of neat stuff for car repair and polishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Termigator View Post
    Have you tried the Eastwood Co. catalog? Not sure what you`re talking about, but the catalog seems to have all kinds of neat stuff for car repair and polishing.
    Yeah, Eastwood has 1/8" shank Dremels and 1/4" shank die grinders. But if you want to use a large buff on a Dremel you`re outta luck. :banghead:

TL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information