Post Thanks / Like
    I detailed my truck yesterday with some OEM One-Step (an Automotive International product). I applied it and let it sit for about on hour, then started wiping it off the hood. After wiping it with just a terrycloth towel, there were some spots that looked like it had left swirl marks, and even some spots that looked like I had missed. I have used this product in the past, and NEVER had anything like this happen. I rubbed some more with a clean towell, but the marks/spots remained. I continued to wipe down the whole truck, and then went over the hood (and everything else) with some Eagle1 Wipe&Shine QD. The marks/spots on the hood disappeared and the truck looks great.

Now I`m wondering if the QD had some wax in it that is hiding the spots, or if what I was seeing before was just some of the polymer sealant that did not come all the way off. Seems that some prople on this group have said that Eagle1 contains no silicone... Another factor is that I used one of those big round foam applicators from Autozone, but I have used this kind before with good results. And like I said, I`ve used the OEM one-step several times and it`s never done this -- it`s always done a great job before.

Dave.

Post Thanks / Like
    But it turned out to be that I had washed my towels in the washing machine and they picked up some of the softner residue that was in the machine. The next time that I QD I had streaks on my hood where I had began. I noticed this quickly and switched to a clean MF that wasn`t washed with that load and no probs. I then run the machine through a wash with nothing in it and then the towels. Cleaned them right up and no streaking there after. I also hang dry my MFs so they don`t get any of the softner or softner sheet residue on them from the dryer. Just something for you to check out. How do you wash your towels?
    2001 V6 GLS Passat, Indigo blue, 2xAIO/5xSG

My Ride

Post Thanks / Like
    I wash all my clothes (including detailing towels) with Tide Free (no scent or coloring) and never use any fabric softener or dryer sheets with any of my clothes. Odd, but I have noticed that my older crappy towels do a better job removing wax and QDing than the new plush ones I just bought. The new ones say they are 100% cotton, but I`m beginning to wonder...

Post Thanks / Like
    The Eagle one Wipe and Shine was listed in a thread a while back as one of the QDs that do not contain wax. It`s also advertised as good for removing streaks sometimes found to happen with black and red paints. I picked some up just to "try another QD" and had no problems with SG bonding after using it, I didn`t have a streaking problem to varify that about it. I`ve noticed too that the less plush towels sometimes remove hazed up products and residues easier than the plush towels but it seems at the risk of scratching the paint, IMHO. The plush towels are great for QD in general and seem to be more worry free regarding paint marring but at the same time, some of the plush towels have the potential to lint up the paint.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Easter Greetings

Happy Easter everyone at Truth in Detailing. Have a great one this weekend with your family and friends from all of us at PAC..............:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Angelo and PAC. Hey, aren`t you on vacation????:

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Easter everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish grungy............

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Angelo, happy Easter to you, yours and everyone else here on TID.
    Gary Bohannon

Beaux Art Detail
    Nashville, TN

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Angelo and same to you and everyone here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same to you guys at PAC. Hope everyone enjoys a safe weekend with loved ones!
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Easter everyone.....................:wizard:

Thread Information