Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I washed my car today and pulled it into the shade to use the PPCL and sovergn wax for the first time. I applyed what I thought was a thin coat on the hood with a terry applicator and waited about one minute to buff it. Most of it seemed to come off, but their are some very stubborn smears/streaks that wont. It is going to get dark soon so I`ll just wait til tomorrow to rewash it (dew) and try again. Any suggestions for an obvious newbie???

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a QD, that worked for some stubborn SG spots for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you work the product in with the applicator until it is almost gone. There is no need to let this product dry. Once you stop rubbing, its benefit also stops.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I should basically apply it or rub it in until it is almost gone and than go and wipe/buff the remaining? That would seem to make sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes

Post Thanks / Like
    I know snake (Tim) uses distilled (I think) water to help aid in the removal of the PPCL.

The key is to work the PPCL into the paint. It will clean it more and make it as squeaky as a freshly washed dinner plate.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll try a more thorough application tomorrow. Is it really easy to take off, because I`ve never known a polish that was as easy as it advertises to take off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Work it into the paint with a back and forth motion doing one panel at a time. PPCL is real easy to remove.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Jason`s suggestion. I`m a big fan of the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. I also made the mistake of letting it dry a bit the first time I used it. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    this almost sounds like some type of surface contamination has happended on the surface. Some types of glazes and polish type cleaners will smear and become very hard to remove with a towel, in the location of the contaminats.

May I suggest that you give some thought to applying a nice "Clay" rub down over the areas that are being a pest to buff out.

I think you`ll like the results you get.

Post Thanks / Like

My Dad died this morning -

This is one of the hardest things I have ever written, but I find that I need to do something until the rest of the family wakes up..

My Dad of 89 years old, who went through much poverty as a child with his 6 siblings, put in a lot of time and hard work to become pretty successful in his adult life.

He could have been alot of things; he was an awesome golfer, always shooting in the 60`s-low 70`s, I know because I was his Caddy pretty much until I left home to get into the Military.

He decided when he was still fairly young to become a Methodist Minister, which he faithfully did for over 50 years. This calling took all of us all over the State of Texas, and we kids were never in a a school for more than 2 years or so before we moved on to another place.
    But he loved the work, was very good at it, and we loved him and supported him while he supported us.

Before he began this lifelong profession, he had a Gas Service Station/Repair Shop and a Paint and Body Shop behind it and this is where I learned to love all things mechanical and detailing which I still love doing today.

I think it`s significant that I shared with you all recently, that he was the one that put a Rotary Buffer in my hands when I was 10, taught me how to use it, and gave me many opportunities to practice and see if I liked this - which I really did, along with everything else I did at his shops.

He taught me so much about cars and trucks, etc., I owe everything I learned to him and his willingness to teach me.

This is another milestone I have been not really willing to want to go through, but now I am happy to know that he is finally free from the pain he went through these last few years, and all his pain, ill health, being bed-ridden, and all is now done and his spirit is free to go on to the next step in our immortality.

I am flying out to Texas later today to be with my dear Mother, and my siblings and get the last of our arrangements for my Dad done, so I will probably be on radio silent for awhile, I dont know...

Thanks to all of you for being such a great bunch to be around, albeit I am the fartherest away from the rest of you.

Take good care, talk to you all soon..
    Best,
    Dan Franco

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m so sorry for your loss. He sounded like a great person. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Steve

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I am very sorry for your losing your father.
    It was heart-warming to hear you tell of what he was to his family and to you.
    You have a lot of good memories.

Dan V.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately, I feel your pain, as my father died about 20 years ago at the age of 57.

Unfortunately so many kids today, idolize athletes and rock stars. My hero was always my father and from the sound of it, you felt the same way about your father.

My thoughts are with you and your family. You know that all of us here at TID will offer a shoulder if you need it.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sorry Dan. I`ll pray for you and your family. Remember that you had your Dad for all these years and have those great memories.

My Dad died when I was 24 years old. He was only 54, so I`ve lived my entire adult life for the last 36 years, without him.

I`m glad to read that you and your Dad were close. That`s the only way to have it!!!

Give your grieving to the Lord and He will bring you the joy of your father`s memory.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information