Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your loss Dan, my dad passed a few years back. It`s tough right now and I know what you`re going through. Please feel free to PM anytime to chat.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I can tell you loved and cared about him very much. We all know he is in a better place, having been called home by his Creator, but it doesn`t make your pain any less. Be as strong as you can be in this time, for yourself, your mother, and your family.

Take care of yourself. We`ll keep the light on for you and the fridge stocked full of goodies for when you get back.

- - Bret - -
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    This is one of the hardest things I have ever written, but I find that I need to do something until the rest of the family wakes up..

My Dad of 89 years old, who went through much poverty as a child with his 6 siblings, put in a lot of time and hard work to become pretty successful in his adult life.

He could have been alot of things; he was an awesome golfer, always shooting in the 60`s-low 70`s, I know because I was his Caddy pretty much until I left home to get into the Military.

He decided when he was still fairly young to become a Methodist Minister, which he faithfully did for over 50 years. This calling took all of us all over the State of Texas, and we kids were never in a a school for more than 2 years or so before we moved on to another place.
    But he loved the work, was very good at it, and we loved him and supported him while he supported us.

Before he began this lifelong profession, he had a Gas Service Station/Repair Shop and a Paint and Body Shop behind it and this is where I learned to love all things mechanical and detailing which I still love doing today.

I think it`s significant that I shared with you all recently, that he was the one that put a Rotary Buffer in my hands when I was 10, taught me how to use it, and gave me many opportunities to practice and see if I liked this - which I really did, along with everything else I did at his shops.

He taught me so much about cars and trucks, etc., I owe everything I learned to him and his willingness to teach me.

This is another milestone I have been not really willing to want to go through, but now I am happy to know that he is finally free from the pain he went through these last few years, and all his pain, ill health, being bed-ridden, and all is now done and his spirit is free to go on to the next step in our immortality.

I am flying out to Texas later today to be with my dear Mother, and my siblings and get the last of our arrangements for my Dad done, so I will probably be on radio silent for awhile, I dont know...

Thanks to all of you for being such a great bunch to be around, albeit I am the fartherest away from the rest of you.

Take good care, talk to you all soon..
    Best,
    Dan Franco
    *******************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***************** **
    Morning Dan/
    What you said here,is the things that show us that how much a Fathers`
    love for his Family,makes us go the right path,and instill in us the things that are most important.
    He sounded like a wonderful Dad,and these things,you told us,will always be in
    *You,Your Mom/and Your Siblings Heart & Memory*
    Very Sorry,Dan,and my Sincere Condolences to You and Yours.
    Regards/
    Raymond
    *It`s Nice To Be Important* But It`s *More Important To Be Nice*[Quote from a Very Dear Friend & Ex~Boss:*Mr.Joseph Minieri*] R.I.P.Always/
    May God Bless & Keep *Our Troops Safe/ 24~7*/:angel:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dan,

I am sorry for your loss Dan. Your father sounds like a truly amazing person and father. You are very blessed. Some of the fondest memories I have with my father are similar to yours, working on a car together. Some days when I am polishing I remember those days and I feel instantly connected to my father, in a way that transcends the `surface` of a father-son relationship.

His passion lives on through you, and that is why you are blessed. He doesn`t have to suffer on Earth any longer, but rather lives on through you and the thousands of people whose lives he was dedicated to making better. If there is anything that any of us at the PAC family can do to help you in this tough time please let us know!

Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    Your DAD sounds like he was an awesome man, I`m sure he will be deeply missed. I pray for comfort for you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your loss. He sounded like a great father and his spirit will continue to thrive in Heaven.

Post Thanks / Like
    My condolences and best wishes go out to you and your family. It sounds like he did a great job and left a lasting positive effect on you. Sorry for your loss.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what`s like.. my dad died 15 months ago from lung cancer. He was a mechanic and from him i learned alot about loving cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much, from the bottom of my heart, to each of you who took the time to respond to this post a little over a year ago.

Your kind, heartfelt words, thoughts and prayers did much to help us all in the healing process..

This first anniversary of his passing was kind of tough, tears are still shed, but as I re-read all your sweet comments, it has given me much strength and comfort.

I dont know where we will all end up, but I can say this - there are no better bunch of people than each one of you! I hope I can always somehow find you all again and that you and yours will always be well.

Each of you are in our prayers and forever will be thought about warmly.

Thanks again.

Dan Franco

Post Thanks / Like
    I am very sorry to hear of your loss. From your biography of your Dad, I would say the world lost a great Man today. I hope that the memories of your Dad carry through this difficult time.

I have lost both my parents and I know the tornado of emotions that you are dealikng with. I wish you the strength to help yourself anf your family through this difficult time.

My best wishes and sincere condolences.

Post Thanks / Like
    You honor your father by writing about him as you did. Mine left our family when I was 13 so there are no pleasant things to tell but when I`m gone I hope my children remember me as you do yours. My mother-in law is deceased and buried here at a local cemetery. When we go there to put flowers on the grave you really realize that the memories are not there at the grave but in your heart and we think about those often. SO..as you said, your father is out of pain and gone on to a better place but the memories he left behind will be with you always. God Bless and you and your family will be in our prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    All Is Well
    Death is nothing at all,
    I have only slipped into the next room
    I am I and you are you
    Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
    Call me by my old familiar name,
    Speak to me in the easy way which you always used
    Put no difference in your tone,
    Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
    Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
    Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
    Let my name be ever the household world that it always was,
    Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.
    Life means all that it ever meant.
    It it the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.
    Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
    I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,
    Just around the corner.
    All is well.
    Henry Scott Holland
    1847-1918
    Canon of St Paul `s Cathedral
    I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma. ~Eartha Kitt

Post Thanks / Like
    Extremely sorry for your loss. I am glad though that your father was a role model in your life. A great man is known by the lives he touched and I feel like your father was a great man.

My condolences...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information