Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Opti-Bond diluted (1:1) with water, in a spray bottle. Same look, MUCH easier to apply as you can squirt/spray this solution on an applicator sponge and apply to the tire. FTW!

Also an item to try is Optimum`s Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer. Diluted (1:3) with water (I use distilled), this is an excellent product for removing wax after initial application. This has been successful in wiping off wax completely, and leaving a nice smooth finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michakaveli View Post
    Try Opti-Bond diluted (1:1) with water, in a spray bottle. Same look, MUCH easier to apply as you can squirt/spray this solution on an applicator sponge and apply to the tire. FTW!

Also an item to try is Optimum`s Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer. Diluted (1:3) with water (I use distilled), this is an excellent product for removing wax after initial application. This has been successful in wiping off wax completely, and leaving a nice smooth finish.
    I added a comment on the OID&GE in my previous post, and I look forward to trying that as well.

The Opti-Bond, I asked about it a few weeks ago in terms of diluting it, but I was told to try it full strength first. I have a spray bottle labeled already for OB 1:1 that I am going to try out soon as it is. OB is very much a gel though, but I will see how it works and report back. If I have a hard time, I have 8oz sample bottles I use for my Poli-seal and Opti-bond that I may add it to. Dispenses easily onto applicators without a mess.

For my ONR I used an HDPE dispensing bottle. I can easily measure 1/2 oz or 1oz of ONR in just seconds. There are under $2 and I find them very useful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick update.

Opti-Bond works awesome at 1:1 in a sprayer! I love the finish it leaves, and through the use of a sprayer, I am able to coat the entire face of the tire evenly, even the small groves on our performance tires that an applicator + gel struggles to reach.

Concerning my bosses car, it has not been washed in a month. They live on muck fields by a dirt road and the paint was covered in pollen, dust, dirt, anything else that could have fallen onto it. It had rained the other day and the finish beaded up instantly. For not being washed, and being through a month of spring pollen and rain, I am impressed with the OCW. I know it is supposed to be a standalone wax, but we did an afternoon cleaning and topped it with OCW until we could revisit the car and add some more protection, and after a month it is still performing great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke View Post
    I added a comment on the OID&GE in my previous post, and I look forward to trying that as well.

For my ONR I used an HDPE dispensing bottle. I can easily measure 1/2 oz or 1oz of ONR in just seconds. There are under $2 and I find them very useful.

Great idea! Got a ready source for the above pictured bottle? Thanks.

Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EclecTech View Post
    Great idea! Got a ready source for the above pictured bottle? Thanks.

Jack
    I believe I can post the link as PAC does not carry a similar product. The source is US Plastic Corperation. The link is here. http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...=searchresults

They have 3 different sizes available :

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again! I can`t make the Chat tonight, but if I could I`d ask PAC to consider carrying these .

Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke View Post
    Opti-Bond works awesome at 1:1 in a sprayer! I love the finish it leaves, and through the use of a sprayer, I am able to coat the entire face of the tire evenly, even the small groves on our performance tires that an applicator + gel struggles to reach.
    I wouldn`t steer anyone wrong :thumbup: I`ve found that using the Lake Country tire applicator foam makes this task even better. It has a larger surface, and the foam is slightly firmer.

Opti-bond (1:1) + Lake Country = WIN

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michakaveli View Post
    I wouldn`t steer anyone wrong :thumbup: I`ve found that using the Lake Country tire applicator foam makes this task even better. It has a larger surface, and the foam is slightly firmer.

Opti-bond (1:1) + Lake Country = WIN
    I have 5" round microfiber applicators. Although I like foam, it is what I had on me. When I sprayed the tires, I use the primed microfiber applicator to gently wipe the OB into all of the small grooves in the tires. After it dries mist OB on them again and bad it dry to ensure even and adequate coverage. I hardly noticed a difference shine from straight to 1:1, so why not? :clap:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information