Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on a 85 cadillac maroon in color. the paint is badly oxidized. so, I Bought some rubbing compound,(TurtleWax, Paste and liquid) and applied it on a rag. when I buff the paint by hand I seem to be able to get a real good shine on the area I am working on. But, if I use a high speed buffer of orbital buffer, it seems to cause the paint to cloud up. the cloudy area does not want to get any better if I go back and try to buff it by hand. I am fairly new at this. HELP!

Post Thanks / Like

Question Vac n blo wall mount

I am sure there are users of the vac & blo , what are the pros and cons ?
    I have the motor cycle blower that does pretty good on cars too, especially on the door jams, trunk lid and around the mirrors. I could definately stand a better blower for cars, and I have a five gallon Hoover wet-dry that I use for a vac.....I am always worried about clubbing the car with that thing.I could look for more hoses to fit the Hoover to use it more remote ,the wall vac does sound like a a good concept , just curious about it.....ancing Dot:

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this wall vac, Bissel Garage Pro Wet/Dry, at COSTCO for $169 plus a $30 rebate

(I also had COSTCO "Gold Points so I got it for $99!).

Pros:
    32` hose (can reach almost 25` out into the driveway)
    powerful suction
    always ready to use
    doesn`t have to be moved around
    wide variety of attachments
    great value for the money

Cons:
    Not as powerful on the "blower" side (although I haven`t tried a smaller nozzle).

Even at $169, not a bad price for what you get.

Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bill! We grabbed that same model for the garage. I really enjoy the small nozel for removing water from crevases, but I am not sure how to compare it to dedicated blowers. I haven`t used it for extraction yet, but I am very impressed with the slew of attachments and uses I have found for them

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    I found this wall vac, Bissel Garage Pro Wet/Dry, at COSTCO for $169 plus a $30 rebate

(I also had COSTCO "Gold Points so I got it for $99!).

Pros:
    32` hose (can reach almost 25` out into the driveway)
    powerful suction
    always ready to use
    doesn`t have to be moved around
    wide variety of attachments
    great value for the money

Cons:
    Not as powerful on the "blower" side (although I haven`t tried a smaller nozzle).

Even at $169, not a bad price for what you get.

I saw this when I was looking around here on the farm....yeah, I havent looked "outside the box" of detailing yet for shop or garage vacs....that looks like a nice puppy Bill .

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same Bissell and love it, but I`m in the same boat, never tried the blower. The vac is awesome though.
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke View Post
    Hey Bill! We grabbed that same model for the garage. I really enjoy the small nozel for removing water from crevases, but I am not sure how to compare it to dedicated blowers. I haven`t used it for extraction yet, but I am very impressed with the slew of attachments and uses I have found for them
    It does come with an array of very small nozzles. I`ll have to try the really small one for blowing out the crevices!:driving:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the large Vac-N-Blo and it is a beast of a vacuum.
    It too comes with lots of ends and such - even some special little crevice tools just for detailing.

I have used the blow feature as well. While it is plenty powerful enough, there is just one main issue. The same hoses that you are sucking dirt through are the same hoses you are blowing air through. No way it is going to be totally clean blowing with it. I have used it in a few spots where it didn`t matter, but I honestly wish I had just picked up one like Bill posted so I didn`t have 2 vacs. (One dry and a wet/dry).

However, it really does perform on the suction side of things. I have used it for some large SUV`s without stopping and it never overheated or anything. Plus, the suction is super strong.

:2 cents:

DLB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DLB View Post
    I have the large Vac-N-Blo and it is a beast of a vacuum.
    It too comes with lots of ends and such - even some special little crevice tools just for detailing.

I have used the blow feature as well. While it is plenty powerful enough, there is just one main issue. The same hoses that you are sucking dirt through are the same hoses you are blowing air through. No way it is going to be totally clean blowing with it. I have used it in a few spots where it didn`t matter, but I honestly wish I had just picked up one like Bill posted so I didn`t have 2 vacs. (One dry and a wet/dry).

However, it really does perform on the suction side of things. I have used it for some large SUV`s without stopping and it never overheated or anything. Plus, the suction is super strong.

:2 cents:

DLB
    That is a concern , how can you do both operations without contamination ? Thats why I asked for opinions. Thanks ! :cornut:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
    That is a concern , how can you do both operations without contamination ? Thats why I asked for opinions. Thanks ! :cornut:
    I`ve always used a leaf blower for blowing out the excess water. Works great for me.
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have the Long Metro Vacuum and it does have a long, cloth filter, that traps all the debris you suck into it.

I suppose if I hooked it up to the exhaust end and turned it on, it would instantly blow out anything that might be trapped in the hose, but as has been said before, the suction is so strong, there isnt going to be anything left behind.

That said, Metro has recently come out with their own version of a car detailing blower with 2 - 4hp motors! ( My big vacuum only has 1- 4hp motor), so I would have to think it will blow the heck out of stuff in the car.

On really dirty vehicles, I always open all the doors,, windows, etc., and blow out as much stuff as possible first, before I ever vacuum it out - saves alot of time, and gets all kinds of stuff out from under the seats, etc.
    Just have to watch the ends of the back glass and windshield, that you dont blow something up in there and have to try to remove it..

The new Metro Blower I speak of is at cardryer.com I believe..

Good luck with your project !

Dan F

Thread Information