Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today, I started detailing the Passat. I washed the car with Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo and it looked good. Then I got out the Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion stuff and went around the car. It took me more than an hour to go around the whole car a few times getting off each and every single piece of oxidized dust (or whatever you call it) Those little orange fleck things that are almost embedded into the clear coat. There are an abundance on the lower panels and on the back, so in those areas it took the longest.

Stuff I learned:

- The PPCL smell gets old when you`re working 3 inches from the paint.

- If you have a silver or white car, wear a pair of yellow sunglasses, it creates an amazing contrast that shows all the little spots and specks. I didn`t do it on purpose at first, but I the first time I took off my glasses I noticed that I couldn`t see all the specks on the point.

-My right tricep is going to fall off.

I am so looking forward to the AIO and SG, because the PPCL made my paint squeaky clean smooth. Right now it looks really shiny but I know it`s the exposed kind. I`m going to Klasse that baby up that dirt won`t know what to do.

Does anyone detail with this much detail? List your details. I someone where waxes the bed of their truck and the underside, yikes!
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    But then I would have ABC`d it in about 10 minutes more time than a regular wash,would take, got to allow for dwell time, so would clean the wheels, spray a little Omni on the engine and blow it off. Can`t waste that dwell time.

All those ferrous particles would have been gone, would have no marring, and would DA on the sealant in 15 minutes, went around and double checked the tires/wheels, wipe on the tire dressing,cleaned the glass, took a detail brush to the emblems, around the trim, by then the sealant is set.

Get out the orbital or change to a dry pad on the DA, put a bonnett over it and remove the dry sealant in 10 minutes or less, a little wipe down here and there, open the trunk and hood, wipe down the jams, any excess water that is under the hood. Open the doors, wipe down those jams and went out to dinner.

Ah, maybe 1.5 hours tops and not tired.

Ketch

"Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering (during the whole process) if the ABC system would just wisk away all that stuff, without any effort. Sign me up But I imagine I won`t have the same problem in the spring. I also figured that I`d use silver to my advantage and not worrry so much about the marring. I took pics of my car after the PPCL it looks shiny as all get out, so I can`t wait to coat layers of Klasse and Souveran. Paint prep is the key so the finished product should look awsome.

Post Thanks / Like
    When the weather is warm, the humidty is high, then the IFO, all the ferrous particles really attach.

During winter, does not happen as much when it gets to average temperature of below 40 F.

The factors are not present.

Ketch

:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Ron -

Aaaah! What is ABC? What is Omni?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a secret.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well letsee... I have one light colored car and for a fact, they show a lot more "ferrous particles" or just small dots about this big and smaller ---> "." You can`t really see them on the car, unless you have your eyes 2-3 inches away from the paint.

Clay works okay, put it takes a long process. AIO eliminates a bit of it with a few passes, but with all the layers of SG, I don`t want to start over.

I think it`s time to try the secret product. (http://www.autoint.com/NEUTSYSTPAGE.htm)

Post Thanks / Like
    Too late BW, all that stuff is gone now

Now comes the fun part.

Post Thanks / Like
    ABC is the three step deep cleaning car wash system from AutoInt. It suposedly, saftely (unlike dawn) cleans off any old sealents and wax resudues, and inductrioal fallout and neutralizes the PH of the paint, so unlike clay, it prefents any further damage. It is also suposedly safer than clay in the scrath arena. I say suposedly because i ordered it but it hasn`t come yet. But im looking forward to using it and posting the results.:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    It took 2 weeks for the AB to get to me in Florida. Now I have to order the C cuz Ron doesn`t recommend using a substitute shampoo...

H

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont wory, youl love the C. Yeah the shipping takes a little long but they have good cutomer service. I accidentaly ordered 2 B`s and they callem me twice (want at home) and e-mailed me making sure that i got the correct order.:up

Post Thanks / Like
    If you need C I can send you some to use with the system.

Just PM me or e-mail me at JasonC8301@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome New Purchase "Werner 225-Pound Capacity Work Platform" at Home Depot

Just wanted to let everyone know about a purchase I just recently made at Home Depot. It was $43.00.

It`s been rough buffing the roofs of SUV`s and Trucks. I have only had a small step ladder up to this point and I have almost killed myself plenty of times. It may not be tall enough to do very high lifted vehicles, but this thing is nice because it allows you to walk along it as you work. It is also lightweight for easy carrying. It seems very sturdy and it has made my last detail a lot easier and safer.

Has anyone else used it?

Here is a link:

Werner Co. Portable Aluminum Work Platform 225 Lbs Load Capacity - Werner at The Home Depot

And was the link to the Werner website: Werner Company dot com

Werner Ladder - Work Platform I highly recommend getting some grip tape for it while you are there also. I went back to get some because it does get kind of "slippery when wet."

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used one of these for about a year now.
    I was just borrowing my dad`s which is adjustable height (it was the best, but you can`t buy them anymore).

Then I picked up one of these on Black Friday at Lowe`s for like ~$30.

They are a great tool to add to your collection. I use mine for washing and polishing.

The grip tape is a good idea as the OP mentioned.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like
    A great idea. I just got a taller vehicle, and I`ve been using a small step ladder. This looks a LOT more convenient.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information