Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go for the CR spotless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go for the steamer, defiantly a multi-tasker. Lots of uses around the house also, which helps selling the purchase to your significant other. :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably the PTG.

Post Thanks / Like
    You say you are a hobbyist? THat is quite a list of products for a hobbyist:devil:

I mtoo am a hobbyist, and the one thing on your list that I wish I had is a pressure washer.

Good luckancing Dot:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I vote for the steamer!
    Rich Ross
    ROCKY MOUNTAIN MOBILE DETAIL
    Huntsville, Utah

WEWAXEM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Since your list is for "nice to have" items, it makes it a little tougher to place emphasis on one spot. But here`s my opinion.
    1. Camspray electric pressure washer
      I think this is almost a must have tool for proper detailing (a pressure washer that is). They are great for engine detailing, washing mats, and of course the usual wheel arches and pre-rinse. When I am doing traditional washes, I always have a pressure washer right beside me for various tasks.
    2. vx5000 steamer
      As someone else mentioned, this has multiple uses, and can also be used in household cleaning, so...
    3. highline paint meter
      If you are planning on wet-sanding or doing much heavy correction, then this would move up the list. It would be a nice "compliment item" to have however for the discriminating hobbyist.
    4. CR-spotless
      It is a nice idea, and I wouldn`t mind having one...but, there is a maintenance cost, and you can avoid water spots in other ways.
    5. Flex light-weight rotary
      Just a pure luxury item for you since you have a rotary already that can spin the largest pads.
    6. carpet extactor
      Makes volume work faster, but for a hobbyist - just don`t see the need.

Again, these are just my thoughts and opinion.

DLB

Jason@Deep-Gloss.com
    Post Thanks / Like
    You say you are doing correction work with your rotary.

IMO as I offered on the other board, you need a PTG... Without one you are polishing blind.

There is no way for you to tell if you are working on thin paint or not.....

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one important thing is Blackfire Wet Diamond All Paint Protection is missing there..............................:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I consider myself an enthusiast and I`m totally impressed with your acquired list. I`d like to hang out in your garage and play.

On my personal short list would be a paint meter and a carpet extractor before adding more product. Then again, I have a soft water spigot outside (no hot water yet) and a 14 year old boy to help keep the paint wet when washing.

Enjoy your toys!

Post Thanks / Like
    I more leaning towards the steamer and paint meter. I just got the Blonde boar`s hair brush from PAC, awesome wash media,

I hope everyone enjoy their toys this coming spring and on, cant wait to play!! as for Blackfire sealant, I cant wait to have it. as sales are goin on nowancing Dot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    The one important thing is Blackfire Wet Diamond All Paint Protection is missing there..............................:wizard:
    i noticed that too angelo... but thats quite an extensie list for a hobbyist. i have the vx3000 and its quite the machine, so i vote for the steamer...

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with the VX-5000 vapor/steam cleaner. (Actually, that is next on my list to get...)

-J

Post Thanks / Like

]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice inventory overtime.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like how you have your shop set up , very organized , although ,you didnt mention what your next move is ? :smile:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information