View Poll Results: Do you provide Mobile Detailing for your customers?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I only detail my own vehicles

11 28.21%
  • No, I detail out of my shop

0 0%
  • No, I detail out of my own home

11 28.21%
  • Yes, I do mobile service, as well as my shop

12 30.77%
  • Yes, I only do mobile service

5 12.82%
  • Other.....

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Gloss View Post
    I started off mobile and soon realized that due to the wide variance in work areas when using customer garages that it made it tricky to achieve the same caliber of results.. Cramped garages with improper lighting were killing me...

Additionally, my efficiency when doing a mobile job compared to when I am stationary seriously drops..

As a result, I no longer do mobile work.. Win/Win really since my results are more easliy and consitently achieved with proper lighting and as a result of being more efficient it adds up to less hours ($$) for the customer...

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

My experience has been exactly the same as yours; couldn`t have put it better.
    Gary Bohannon

Beaux Art Detail
    Nashville, TN

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Murphy View Post
    What do you do if a a customer has a Ferrari 599 and does not want to "drop" it off? I ran into this when I was in FL.

I had a shop this summer and noticed my higher end clients went away. I also noticed that this winter, I would be paying rent while the shop was closed down due to the weather.

How did you overcome these things?
    In the case of a high end car/client, I think the best policy is to be totally honest and straightforward with them... the client has a very valuable car, they always want the BEST work and I can do better work in my shop. That`s the simple truth.
    Unless, the client has a very well lit, spacious garage with drained floors... and that`s almost never the case, unless you`re David/Street Dreams and work for some of his clients.
    I know I`m not Todd, or David or Clark or any of the other great detailers on this site, but I aspire to that level... or, if possible, better. I want to give myself and my client EVERY possible advantage when I do their car.

My experience has been such that I find an adequate place to detail, in a mobile situation, is pretty rare. There`s almost always space issues, climate issues or lighting issues and usually all the above. The best mobile experience I`ve had recently was in a very spacious garage but the light was terrible... it was really hard to see in there; had to put halogens everywhere and it`s hard to do the work efficiently when you`re also constantly fixing the logistics. Plus the place wasn`t heated and the temps were cold... hard to do good work in that kind of environment. Space heaters helped but once again... compromise.

Security`s always an issue and without getting a man-eating guard dog, I`ve done everything I can to secure my shop. First of all it`s in a nice area of town and not in an industrial area... so it`s "under the radar." The building has no windows, the garage doors have locks on the motors and deadbolts. The entrance door is a metal fire door with a lock and a deadbolt, alarm system is by ADT, the outside of the building is lit by sodium vapor lights on motion sensors... and I live five minutes away from it. All that helps me when I point these things out to potential clients.

As far as the winter doldrums go... I just save up some money for the "winter slowdown" and since I`ve planned ahead, I`m ok with it. That way any work done in the winter months is "bonus" money for me.
    Gary Bohannon

Beaux Art Detail
    Nashville, TN

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    As far as the winter doldrums go... I just save up some money for the "winter slowdown" and since I`ve planned ahead, I`m ok with it. That way any work done in the winter months is "bonus" money for me.
    My problem with the winter doldrums is BOREDOM! I have a lot to do, but it`s not what I want to be doing!!!! I haven`t detailed a vehicle for a customer since before Christmas!:banghead:

Another 6 weeks... I`ll be booked solid!:thumbup:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

mobile detailing services

Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Do you provide Mobile Detailing for your customers?

Tell me about your your setup!:cornut:

(Please allow poll to be posted for 1 week before adding a new poll... Thanks!)
    hi Bill! I`m working at Detailxperts. We provide And by the way, we`re proud to be the world`s first eco friendly car wash franchise. We`re using less than a pint of water to steam clean a vehicle. Our mobile detailing units come on site with their own electricity generators, water tanks & vapor steamers to loosen dirt and grime on both the interior & the exterior of the vehicle. You can visit our site to see more details.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information