View Poll Results: Do you provide Mobile Detailing for your customers?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I only detail my own vehicles

11 28.21%
  • No, I detail out of my shop

0 0%
  • No, I detail out of my own home

11 28.21%
  • Yes, I do mobile service, as well as my shop

12 30.77%
  • Yes, I only do mobile service

5 12.82%
  • Other.....

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Murphy View Post
    This is the topper but it will be in yellow.......
    ^ > :drool5:

BTW, I like the new U.N. :money:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

BTW, I like the new U.N. :money:
    User Name???

If so, yeah. Mike Phillips turned me on to doing that. I`m changing it on all forums.
    [SIGPIC]www.clean4udetailing.com[/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    User Name???

If so, yeah. Mike Phillips turned me on to doing that. I`m changing it on all forums.
    No I meant United Nations :cornut:

Seriously, It is a smart move to grow the business :money:

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Lord! They love this thread for some reason!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, some how they seem to find the poll threads!:cursing: I always report the post and the admin usually blocks them within a day.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m another big fan of Bill`s polls. They make for some informative reading and I always learn something... thanks Bill!:notworthy::thumbup::thumbup:

I`m in the "have polish, will travel" and also "at my shop" camp. I prefer the shop most definitely but some people prefer me to come to them, which I gladly do... for an extra fee.
    I pack everthing in bins and have a checklist for what I need to bring when going mobile. I need a cool topper for my truck like Justin has, the one he`s got is perfect.

Here`s why I don`t like to leave the shop, it`s safe, secure and spacious: 1,500sqft, 12.5ft ceilings, central heat and air, floor drains for indoor washing, ADT alarm system, deadbolts on the garage doors, metal fire door side entrance, bathroom and shower, hot and cold running water to wash cars with... not to mention, cable TV, satellite radio and a great stereo system. I love this place.

Gary Bohannon

Beaux Art Detail
    Nashville, TN

Post Thanks / Like
    I voted yes but it will depend on the situation. I prefer to work at my shop but if the space they have is adequate I will detail of site.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I`m another big fan of Bill`s polls. They make for some informative reading and I always learn something... thanks Bill!:notworthy::thumbup::thumbup:
    Your Welcome, Gary!!! Yeah, I enjoy doing polls. I try to post a new one every week or so, just to keep discussions going! If you have poll ideas, I`d be glad to post.....

Great looking shop you have there! (I need more room!!!:banghead I can see why you love that place. I love it too!:clap:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Jason@Deep-Gloss.com
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started off mobile and soon realized that due to the wide variance in work areas when using customer garages that it made it tricky to achieve the same caliber of results.. Cramped garages with improper lighting were killing me...

Additionally, my efficiency when doing a mobile job compared to when I am stationary seriously drops..

As a result, I no longer do mobile work.. Win/Win really since my results are more easliy and consitently achieved with proper lighting and as a result of being more efficient it adds up to less hours ($$) for the customer...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Gloss View Post
    I started off mobile and soon realized that due to the wide variance in work areas when using customer garages that it made it tricky to achieve the same caliber of results.. Cramped garages with improper lighting were killing me...

Additionally, my efficiency when doing a mobile job compared to when I am stationary seriously drops..

As a result, I no longer do mobile work.. Win/Win really since my results are more easliy and consitently achieved with proper lighting and as a result of being more efficient it adds up to less hours ($$) for the customer...
    That`s exactly how I feel too....though I will still take them on if I want the job and the set up is OK.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you do if a a customer has a Ferrari 599 and does not want to "drop" it off? I ran into this when I was in FL.

I had a shop this summer and noticed my higher end clients went away. I also noticed that this winter, I would be paying rent while the shop was closed down due to the weather.

How did you overcome these things?

Jason@Deep-Gloss.com
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you do if a a customer has a Ferrari 599 and does not want to "drop" it off? I ran into this when I was in FL.

I had a shop this summer and noticed my higher end clients went away. I also noticed that this winter, I would be paying rent while the shop was closed down due to the weather.

How did you overcome these things?
    Same thing I tell the customer that is driving an M5

Being that I was mobile at first, I had already built up a good relationship status with my existing clientele. It`s really all in the way you present it... My approach is honest and truthful...Consistent results more easliy achieved at a lesser hourly rate...

When I stopped doing mobile I was a little curious if this would displease any of my customers. When I told them my reasons for ceasing to offer mobile service they were more than understanding.

Also considering that they were already hooked on the services I provide made it an easy situation. One of them actually likened it to being addicted to Starbucks. I did not loose one customer and in fact, attracted new customers...

If a customer had a vehicle that they did not want to drop off I would certainly understand but, only if they had optimal working environment would I do mobile and it would incur an extra fee... luckily I have not had to cross that bridge yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same thing I tell the customer that is driving an M5

Being that I was mobile at first, I had already built up a good relationship status with my existing clientele. It`s really all in the way you present it... My approach is honest and truthful...Consistent results more easliy achieved at a lesser hourly rate...

When I stopped doing mobile I was a little curious if this would displease any of my customers. When I told them my reasons for ceasing to offer mobile service they were more than understanding.

Also considering that they were already hooked on the services I provide made it an easy situation. One of them actually likened it to being addicted to Starbucks. I did not loose one customer and in fact, attracted new customers...

If a customer had a vehicle that they did not want to drop off I would certainly understand but, only if they had optimal working environment would I do mobile and it would incur an extra fee... luckily I have not had to cross that bridge yet.
    Excellent answers!

Do you work out of your own garage or rent?
    I was only able to work for 12 days in January (includes my trip). I would have hated to have had the shop during this time. Maybe I just didn`t have a good plan together.

Jason@Deep-Gloss.com
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent answers!

Do you work out of your own garage or rent?
    I was only able to work for 12 days in January (includes my trip). I would have hated to have had the shop during this time. Maybe I just didn`t have a good plan together.

Out of my garage... Insulated, heated, drained... Very well lit, in fact before I start for the next season I am adding even more lighting... Incandescent and metal halide!

In order to be year round in my area at a level that can maintain my lifestyle, I would have to do dealer work to supplement the snowy winters and I just don`t desire to do that...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Your Welcome, Gary!!! Yeah, I enjoy doing polls. I try to post a new one every week or so, just to keep discussions going! If you have poll ideas, I`d be glad to post.....

Great looking shop you have there! (I need more room!!!:banghead I can see why you love that place. I love it too!:clap:
    Thanks Bill, I appreciate the kind words and definitely appreciate what you do here at TID, there`s always some good "Luster" (read: educational) posts to read. The polls are so useful to get a handle on what everyone else is doing or thinking.

I`ve got a couple of ideas for polls, I`ll PM you with them tonight when I get home. Thanks for the offer!!:hurray:
    Gary Bohannon

Beaux Art Detail
    Nashville, TN

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information