Post Thanks / Like
    What can be next in the WAX/POLISH world?

I mean what new technology can they develop to make better products?

Or it can be worded: How can the manufacturers improve their products?

Post Thanks / Like
    By applying a paint that doesn`t fade or scratch, and adding a thick optically perfect clear coat that lasts about five years and does not scratch either.

Post Thanks / Like

The microfiber thread

I would like to know what you folks are doing with the selection,use and care of your applicators,buffing towels,applicator towels and drying towels.
    I know "whats your favorite m/f towel` has been beat like a mule around here.
    You may include what is your favs for the things listed above or add sum thin if I left sum thin important out.
    I know after cleaning up one of my rides I have quite a few towels soiled er used is a better word. I am curious about the care ethics you guys are using.
    First of all,things are wet,especially drying towels.I have a few towel rods up in my garage,and generally I will hang them.I need more bars up as sumtimes I have numerous smaller sizes too depending on what things I did.
    Now,I like to keep different towels seperate and do not launder them together,in fact, drying towels are by themselves,sealant or wax towels obviously maintained seperately and interior and glass are seperate also.
    This is a bit of a PIA ,but cross contamination isnt good.
    So here is what Iam getting at, are you guys pre cleaning sum towels and hanging to dry and then place in a seperate container until they are laundered in M/F towel detergent ?lots or most of you guys are going through a lot of towels because of daily use...then I think in that case your situation is much different because of heavy volume.Iam accumulating more towels as time goes on,I would like to keep things as cost effective as possible. :biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I have my towels in 4 categories:

• Plush, soft MF`s for paint
    • New (er) All-Purpose Work Towels
    • Low Knapp Glass Towels
    • "Demoted" Grunge Towels

I have 4 boxes in the garage for the soiled towels labeled as above.

When I get enough to do a laundry load, I wash with Purple Power and Tide laundry detergent, dry in the dryer (no dryer sheet), fold and replace in their place on the shelf.

I usually wash the first 3 catagories together, because they usually aren`t greasy or trashed.

The grunge towels get a dedicated washing.

(to the point of your question, I hang the soiled towels to dry before throwing them in the laundry box.)
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    My routine is similar to Bill`s but I do all washing by hand. Instead of Tide I use Arm & Hammer with OxiClean.

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Ok, I have my towels in 4 categories:

• Plush, soft MF`s for paint
    • New (er) All-Purpose Work Towels
    • Low Knapp Glass Towels
    • "Demoted" Grunge Towels

I have 4 boxes in the garage for the soiled towels labeled as above.

When I get enough to do a laundry load, I wash with Purple Power and Tide laundry detergent, dry in the dryer (no dryer sheet), fold and replace in their place on the shelf.

I usually wash the first 3 catagories together, because they usually aren`t greasy or trashed.

The grunge towels get a dedicated washing.

(to the point of your question, I hang the soiled towels to dry before throwing them in the laundry box.)
    Bill,
    I am surprised about the Tide part...although its the best powder detergent
    without a doubt...best hand cleaner,takes the oil of yur drive way...but it does have residue.....hmmm
    are you rinsing twice ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post
    My routine is similar to Bill`s but I do all washing by hand. Instead of Tide I use Arm & Hammer with OxiClean.

Regards,
    GEWB
    Interesting !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
    Bill,
    I am surprised about the Tide part...although its the best powder detergent
    without a doubt...best hand cleaner,takes the oil of yur drive way...but it does have residue.....hmmm
    are you rinsing twice ?
    I put in the washer:

1 cup of Liquid Tide
    1 cup of Purple Power
    2 scoops of Oxyclean powder

I don`t rinse twice, but I do have it on the long wash/rinse cycle. On my washer, it`s called "Heavy Duty".

I`ve had no problems with residue, in fact the towels usually come out looking like new.

Obviously, when work towels, become grunge towels, they won`t get as clean simply because they have had such a hard life of door jambs, engine bays, brake dust, etc.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    I put in the washer:

1 cup of Liquid Tide
    1 cup of Purple Power
    2 scoops of Oxyclean powder

I don`t rinse twice, but I do have it on the long wash/rinse cycle. On my washer, it`s called "Heavy Duty".

I`ve had no problems with residue, in fact the towels usually come out looking like new.

Obviously, when work towels, become grunge towels, they won`t get as clean simply because they have had such a hard life of door jambs, engine bays, brake dust, etc.
    Ok man , I was thinking Tide powder....forgot about liquid...the purple power,is that the de-greaser stuff ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wash all my microfiber towels in Micro-Restore cleaner and it works really great! I just thrown them in all at once and it cleans about everything off of them. I dont get any cross contamination either.
    I also started washing my cotton towels with this same cleaner and I`ll be darned if it doesnt work really good on them too!
    I found out about this product on this site and PAC sells it, along with other detailing suppliers.

I dont dry my microfibers in the dryer because it has a problem and I cant regulate the heat, so I just put them in there on Air Dry (no heating in this mode), and then if they are still wet I put them on this folding clothes dryer thing my wife uses sometimes and by the next morning they are all dry.

Cotton goes in the dryer, no problem.

Caveats - Micro Restore takes about all the gunk out of the towels, and suspends it, so sometimes, I have this little dark ring around the washer tub and sometimes on the agitator (its an old washer), so I have to go back with some Purple Power and clean that stuff off.

++ - all towels come out really clean, and the fibers are all looking way better than before when I used regular laundry soap and a little bleach to wash.

Dan F

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw sum, I had sum one recommend the Micro Restore to me, I have sum and havent used it yet .

Thread Information