Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post
    ...politics

.../thread
    +1.
    I too have lots of love for autopia, but I worry about what future direction / stance they`ll take on some things. One of the things that made it great was open discussion with positive and negative comments and opinions being stated. It seems that sponsorship affects how openly you can question certain companies / marketing / tactics which surely raises some eye-brows.
    Marc Harris from autoLavish Detailing of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no love lost for Autopia, and Bynon in particular. Autopia has been stagnant for years. It`s no longer a cutting edge forum; Detailing World (UK), Autogeek and MOL eclipsed it long ago. Bynon spent a great deal of time pursuing many things away from Autopia, both personally and professionally. His lack of leadership put the forum into a state of neglect from which is has not recovered.

I know he had tried to sell the forums several times over the years. Looks like he finally found a taker.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

TOGWT
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    This have anything to do with HD?
    BRAND CONSULTANT, MAY ? NOV 2009, 3D International LLC, Santa Clarita, California

Client acquired AUTOPIA.ORG community as part of a long-term strategy to transition from manufacture and distributor of products for professional car detailers, to manufacturer and direct-to-consumer distributor of car care products for consumers. 3D International retained me to create an eco-friendly car care brand for the car enthusiast market

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Yes, come on down to collect your prize ........
    Woo Hoo!

What did I win?

Please tell me it`s not some HD products!
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Woo Hoo!

What did I win?

You better hope not!

I spent $50 on some HD products during the 40% off sale.

Green gone bad, IMO.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woo Hoo!

What did I win?

I`ll let you know when you get here.............:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfire View Post
    You better hope not!

I spent $50 on some HD products during the 40% off sale.

Green gone bad, IMO.
    Sorry to hear Blackfire................:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was shocked to see this thread and here this news. I remember reading, perhaps 2 months ago, David B making a post about recomitting himself to his forum. In fact I believe he said that starting November 30th, his full time job would be revamping Autopia...

A forum, it`s attitude, and it`s direction are far more a reflection of the members then the owners, which is why at one point that was the forum to be on. I personally wish 3D car care the best in their new/old venture with Autopia. As I was reading the thread a couple of things jumped out at me.

When I with Dan on Dodo Juice USA, I was informed by the forum moderators that my affiliation with the company and the exact nature of that relationship should be know, as to maintain the integrity of my postings. This is the same reason I notified Pat300ZX when Jack and I first started hashing the plans that became this forum and stopped doing product reviews and focused my posting more on theory.

It seems to me that not letting the forum know the exact nature of the relationship is dishonest. An owner of a company who is bringing a great product to market (nothing more) and takes a non biased stance on car care is far more credible then an employee of the company pretending to still be the owner of a different company.

I was also shocked to see one of the forum vendors comment that he had no idea that ownership had changed. It seems wrong, from a business sense, for this vendor to pay money to a competitor in the retail detailing market, with out the knowledge they are doing so. Imagine if Apple/MAC was paying money to sponsor a forum, only to find out that 8 months ago it had been secretly sold to Microsoft...

In the end, I think instead of this being an end of an era, it is hopefully just the beginning a well deserved great one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that about sums it up...

Post Thanks / Like
    I find people`s reactions to the sale of Autopia pretty humorous. Considering it was sold back in May and no one ever knew about it until recently the changes on the forum have been pretty insignificant. If nobody said anything then nobody would have known and things would have gone on as they have. People comments rival the world coming to an end. Honestly I feel these people need to get a life.

I honestly think that people should take a deep breathe and relax before making rash decisions about the Autopia forum`s direction. The new owners have already revamped the forum rules to allow a greater discussion of non sponsored products. If after seeing these changes you are not happy with the direction with Autopia then there are certainly several other detailing forums.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still visit Autopia occaisionally, but I don`t post anymore. I haven`t seen many changes in the past few months, but I will say that the moderation is pretty "loose". The same old names, still trash talking, using sarcasm and making personal attacks. It`s seems there is much more negativity and less useful information. There`s always the fear that something you say or a question that`s asked will become the target of one of the "post snipers". That`s why I`m not on Autopia anymore.......
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I find people`s reactions to the sale of Autopia pretty humorous. Considering it was sold back in May and no one ever knew about it until recently the changes on the forum have been pretty insignificant. If nobody said anything then nobody would have known and things would have gone on as they have. People comments rival the world coming to an end. Honestly I feel these people need to get a life.

I honestly think that people should take a deep breathe and relax before making rash decisions about the Autopia forum`s direction. The new owners have already revamped the forum rules to allow a greater discussion of non sponsored products. If after seeing these changes you are not happy with the direction with Autopia then there are certainly several other detailing forums.
    This was a thread started to discuss the happenings at autopia and where people think the site is heading. The title even states "autopia - the end of an era?" in it. This has nothing to do with the world ending, but a lot to do with wondering what is to become of what has been the largest and most popular US based detailing site. Noone is deciding what direction autopia will go, rather people are discussing where they think it is heading. No need to tell us there are other detailing sites either; we`re all on here as well as others. People know their options and overall I think most people here would like to see autopia do well and continue to be a place where there are good discussions taking place.

Post Thanks / Like

While I honestly haven`t read all the posts, I rarely visit autopia unless I am emailed a link, I don`t think people are mad that the former owner is gone. In fact there seems to be some relief and hope that the forum can get back on track. It seems to be have done in a very dishonest way, I think people have a right to be mad.

Post Thanks / Like
    This was a thread started to discuss the happenings at autopia and where people think the site is heading.
    Correct. That is exactly why I posted what I did. To inform members what the intentions of the newly acquired owners plans to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct. That is exactly why I posted what I did. To inform members what the intentions of the newly acquired owners plans to be.
    Pat, did you know back in May the forum had been sold to 3D? Did Bynon tell the mods what his transition plans were, and how they affected the membership, sponsors, and mods?
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information