Post Thanks / Like
    Strouds and Robinsons-May are both currently having Charissima sales. If you who live near either of these stores, you may wish to check the sale out.

While the sales have been going on for a while, he stores should still have a good selection in stock. I called the Strouds in Pasadena, CA tonight and they still have plenty of white towels, and the sale at Strouds has been going on for a few weeks.

Please note that the prices at the online store are still much better than the prices at the retail stores. Even when retail stores have a sale, the onine prices are still cheaper.

I myself order all of my towels from the online store. However, for those of you who want to buy from a retail store, I just thought I`d let you know about the sale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your thoughtfullness.

Post Thanks / Like

Removing Vinyl Graphics ??

Guys/Gals - have an opportunity to detail for sale, a couple of work vans that have vinyl graphics on the side, not a full wrap, that need to be removed and the white paint cleaned up and one-step polished so he can sell these vans.
    This is not a full paint correction, just get the stuff off and clean it all up quickly to keep the price down.

I just need to know if anyone has any great, proven, ideas that worked in the past to remove the vinyl please..

I will put the van in my garage and get the heat up to around 70 degrees to help soften the vinyl to start, but what is the best way to remove?

Thanks for all your help !!

Happy New Year !!

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Use a heat gun or hairdryer. Also if you have a space heater put it close to the graphics, but do not leave it unattended

Get a corner started and see how it goes. Sometimes you can remove in 1 swift pull. Other(most) times the decal will come of in pieces and you will just have to be patient

Once you get the decals off. Get an adhesive remover. 3M makes one that works well

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to an autobody supply or paint supply shop and ask them for a rubber eraser. It`s a disc that goes into your drill. You use the edge of it not the flat part and it peels the decals and most of the adhesive off. It makes a rubber mess, like a whole bunch of pencil erasers but it works great!! Hair dryers / heat guns can work but if the decals are not very new the eraser works much better, speaking from experience.
    Rich Ross
    ROCKY MOUNTAIN MOBILE DETAIL
    Huntsville, Utah

WEWAXEM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Flash -

Thanks for the tips, will try those things and see what works best. I found a heat gun at Home Depot and some plastic scrapers that I thought might help as well. I can get these dogs into my heated garage and put some halogen lights close to them and help warm the vinyl up and see what happens.
    I am going to try to use Meguiars D151, a one-step cleaner, wax that has the Unigrit technology, so hopefully with the right pad combination, this will be quick and give good results.
    I also have a few bottles of an old product called Car Buf Ultra-Last Premium Polish and Sealant, that when mixed with a couple of lines of 3M finesse it II, cuts quickly and leaves a nice glossy finish.
    Hopefully one of these choices will yield great results and make the customer happy, so that he will give me more bizz..

Happy New Year, mi amigo, thanks again !!!
    DanF

Post Thanks / Like
    Rich,

Thanks for yet another great idea !!

I talked to the Sherwin-Williams auto paint people, and they didnt have either the eraser for a heat gun, so I will follow up with another place by the weekend and see if I am ready to go by Monday.
    I think these are not exactly new within a few year-old vinyl graphics, so hopefully I will be able to get them off fast and clean up all the white paint so they look great again.

Hope this coming year goes great for you up there in Utar`, (have a few friends who came from there ) and that you and yours have a super holiday !!

This coming year is going to ROCK !!!!!

Best,
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymountaindetail View Post
    Go to an autobody supply or paint supply shop and ask them for a rubber eraser. It`s a disc that goes into your drill. You use the edge of it not the flat part and it peels the decals and most of the adhesive off. It makes a rubber mess, like a whole bunch of pencil erasers but it works great!! Hair dryers / heat guns can work but if the decals are not very new the eraser works much better, speaking from experience.
    3M makes one as well. I used it when I took the moldings off of my GMC Sierra a few years back. It`s tedious work, but it works.
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Thread Information