Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m garnering some new respect for Griots Garage. A long while ago I started to personaly boycot their products after learning that there were other products out there that did great job for less mony. Well now im begining to try some more of their products in an subjective way. Just used their wax QD "speed shine". Before my results were only ok with this product. Streaks really badly. Now that i have worked with it for a little while i have learned that it loves microfiber...two MF towels to be exact. Also its a bit finiky about hot pannels. Well now the results were great. Richened the look of the car while gaining back some of blitz`s original depth. Works great on windows too. Place it on about the same level of Clear Pearl.

Post Thanks / Like
    i too have tried griot`s speed shine and clear pearl. wasn`t all that impressed with either one. in my book both were just alright, with griot`s just being a little too pricy. most QD`s i`ve used tend to streak somewhat, particularly if any panels are the slightest bit hot. some worse than others. no, i don`t use MF towels. not particularly impressed with those either(then again i haven`t tried any of the ones mentioned here). currently i`m using One Grand`s Show Off. it too has a streaking problem if you`re not careful, but i did a charcoal gray mercedes the other day with it, and man, it looked pretty damn good after. nice and slick too. passed my personal wax and QD test. however, the QD i still like best is Slick Stuff by the Wax Shop. problem is, i can`t buy it in gallons from them, nor can i find even the 22oz. bottles at my local Pep Boy`s anymore. that`s why i switched to One Grand. i like most of One Grand`s products. easy to use and great results. just my $.02:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to try some good qulity microfiber towels for your quick detailing. The best ones that I`ve found so far are the Miracle Towel and even the neatitem.com towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Strange Request by Customer...

I have one customer who only wants me to detail his car once a year. He has an extremely nice vehicle that is his daily driver.

Here`s the strange part: For his once-a-year-detail, he wants it done in January! In Kansas City! That is PEAK road salt season... I just don`t get it. Why would he want it done then? Why wouldn`t he wait until June or July for his once-a-year, after the streets are clean and dry?ut: Why not have it clean and detailed all summer?:toetap05:

When he gets the car back from me, it will look fantastic; then, a week later, he`s driving in the salt again!!!!!:banghead:

I`ve never asked him about his timing (the-customer-is-always-right-theory), but it probably has something to do with his Christmas bonus....
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he likes the idea of getting all the salt off and the paint protected. But I would imagine he needs something done once spring rolls around?
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats odd. Without offending of course try to bring up the fact that a detail will last longer if its done when snow and salt wont bombard the car daily, see how he responds.

I mean it could be worse, he could want you to detail in a purple thong and high heels :w00t:
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post
    Thats odd. Without offending of course try to bring up the fact that a detail will last longer if its done when snow and salt wont bombard the car daily, see how he responds.
    Good plan... I`ll be seeing him next week!

I mean it could be worse, he could want you to detail in a purple thong and high heels :w00t:
    "The customer is always right.":w00t::doh:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Be sure to take some really good pictures Bill.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post
    Kinda makes you want to poke out your mind`s eye with a sharp stick.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe you can include in your price a follow up detail in the spring. Maybe a wash and interior cleaning just to get rid of the grime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe just explain to him that he should get a full detail once in the spring and once in the fall to protect his investment.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that we should start a "Most strangest request" thread.
    That might be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a great idea, I`m still waiting for some hot chick to want some private detailing on her..........sorry, this aint penthouse forum LOL!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a perfect opportunity for an upsell to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t look a gift horse in the mouth. He has to notice that the car gets nasty again quickly. Maybe he`s not the type to hold onto the bonus that long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information