Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Washing it would be a good idea. We often have to wash the Miracle towels, microfiber towels, Charisma towels, etc... before using them for the first time. It might help in any linting problem if nothing else. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Don!

scooder

Post Thanks / Like
    Your very welcome and welcome to this great forum. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Don, I am glad to be associated with a forum like this. Take care!

Scooderduder

Post Thanks / Like

Black WOW Trim Restorer

Got some of this recently to see if it would improve the look of my black lower valances on my Passat. I`ve been noticing more and more nicks and blemishes from rocks and road debris so I was looking for something a little more effective than a water-based dressing, but not a dye. I applied it according to the directions, it wasn`t exactly a quick process, but I was very meticulous with the application and the trim runs around the entire bottom of the car, so there it was. I wanted to take photos but I inadvertently left my camera at my mother-in-laws so I`m sorry to report that I have no visual cue cards to report my success. The only thing I did different than what is recommended was I washed the whole car before applying so I think it will look better after the next wash. It left the trim very rich looking and the nicked up areas were considerably improved cosmetically, not magically gone but much improved. After driving around I have noticed that it`s attracting dust but I think that will improve after the first wash. Now to see how long it lasts. Their website reports a month if not longer once the product gets "built up" in the pores of the plastic.

Anyone else used Black WOW yet and have any reports to share on it`s performance? Love to hear what you guys think or have learned by using it.

Post Thanks / Like

black wow

On your lower trim that isn`t that visable just wash as usual. For window trim and wiper cowl, use an old damp mf and wipe after applying. If it rains soon after applying, it will run, so wipe it down. BW will attract dust, but after a few days it will cure out and be fine. Do two coats and will last 3+ months.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Black Wow and seems to be holding up better than other trim products like PB`s TR and Mothers Back to Black but we shall see.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comments! I was planning on doing a good wash with a separate mitt or cloth this coming week. Wiped down everything with a damp sponge after application but after a few hours the shine was back. I`ll give it a good wash down and then reapply a second coat then wipe down with a damp sponge...again! I love nice looking trim though so hopefully this stuff will last.

Post Thanks / Like
    Black WOW does holds up pretty well if you clean the surface to be treated with APC before the application of BW, rinse well and dry...But personally I find Ultima Trim Guard to work easier yet last longer on trim...

Post Thanks / Like
    supercharged, thanks for the comments! Ultima Trim Guard sounds like a very nice product I will have to try. Looks like this type of product is starting to hit the market lately and it`s one that has been needed for a long time. I hated doing the dye job on my dad`s old Jeep Wrangler trim!

Post Thanks / Like
    Black Wow is a nice product, problem is the bottle says it will last months and months, my tests show otherwise. The more the product is exposed to water, the faster it deteriorates. I`ve seen 3 weeks at best. All in all a nice product but like I said, my tests show it just doesn`t last more than 3 weeks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Macgirl View Post
    supercharged, thanks for the comments! Ultima Trim Guard sounds like a very nice product I will have to try. Looks like this type of product is starting to hit the market lately and it`s one that has been needed for a long time. I hated doing the dye job on my dad`s old Jeep Wrangler trim!
    Ultima Trim Guard Plus does outlasts Black WOW.

Post Thanks / Like
    I save my tiny bottle of Black Wow for restorative work on trim that really needs it. Otherwise, I use 303. I can`t say enough good things about the Black Wow, though. It really does work and I`ve had it last a lot longer than 3 weeks. I don`t think any of the trim product would hold up to consistent exposure to water. They should test these products in Florida or the Pacific Northwest, where it rains all the time. :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slik560 View Post
    I save my tiny bottle of Black Wow for restorative work on trim that really needs it. Otherwise, I use 303. I can`t say enough good things about the Black Wow, though. It really does work and I`ve had it last a lot longer than 3 weeks. I don`t think any of the trim product would hold up to consistent exposure to water. They should test these products in Florida or the Pacific Northwest, where it rains all the time. :p
    BW is very nice, and it does outlast everything else I tried up to date...that is untill I tried Ultima, which isn`t a dressing, it`s more of a sealant, that`s why it lasts longer...

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have been very pleased with Ultima Tire and Trim Guard Plus. As noted, it`s more like a sealant. It protects a long time. I have never applied it to plastic trim that is in poor condition, so I don`t know how well it "restores" trim; but if your trim is in good shape, then I definitely recommend UTTGP.

The initial reviews for Meguiar`s new Ultimate Protectant have been very positive. I probably will not buy it right away, as the trim on my vehicles (excluding my 97 Accord, which I am trying to sell right now) is in good condition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information