Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, here comes an opinion from a growing minority. You asked: "what is the best way to get all of the water off the car?" IMHO, the best way to get ALL the water off a car is to use a leaf blower.

I own and have used a CWB. I use it when I must (the law in LA prohibites using leaf blowers at certain hours). However, I use it with great caution. It scares me. I suspect that sooner or later, with regular use, there is going to be a problem. So, I use it rarely.

Of course, we have all dried our cars with towels. This takes lots of towels or lots of wringing or one of the special drying towels.

With both of these approaches, you are rubbing the paint, which is something we try to minimize. With the blower, most of the water is removed with no contact.

The other thing, if you use a CWB/towels or just towels, the car really does not get completely dry. Water remains trapped behind molding, chrome, liscence plates, grills, etc. Then, you get water spots, sometimes hours after you though you had "finished" the car.

Another benefit is that the blower is FAST. I mean, really fast.

Last, but not least, it is FUN to blow dry your car

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    darbh, you`ve comment on our "pioneering" effort, someone should try blotting their car dry

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Water Blade and have not had any scratches develope because of it, but like Brad said, I prefer to let the water flow when rinsing and the sheeting action does most of the work for you. One terry cloth towel and 2 MF is all I need to completly dry.

I still think the WB is a good product and if used properly will not scrach the finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking car! Those BBS rims look incredible. Job well done. Where can I get a Water Bandit? Can it be found at local stores, or would I need to special order it? Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I too got the WB and kleanride. I just got in from washing the ride and I`ve found that the more I use it the better I get with it. I guess it just like everything else. I`ve gotten it down now where I have it folded just the way I like it and use it at certain angles that work best. Not trying to make it sound like its a science using the WB but certain techniques seem to work better than others.
    2001 V6 GLS Passat, Indigo blue, 2xAIO/5xSG

My Ride

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a CWB on the flat surfaces (hood, roof, windows) to remove the majority of the water. Personally I like to rinse the entire vehicle just prior to drying. By using this method I have never had a scratch caused by the CWB. Having said this I will also mention that I would never use it, or any drying towel, to remove water from a vehicle that has not been washed and rinsed. I say this because I have heard of people using the CWB to remove water after a brief downpour, even though the car might not have been washed within a week. I personnaly think this is just asking for trouble.

For the final drying I use the P21S Towel, but have been tempted by many posts to try the Water Bandit.

I should mention that I am most concerned with scratches when washing the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, removing water after a rain with the CWB! That`s adventurous.

YoSteve -- re "blotting the car dry" LOL. Maybe you could add it to the products you offer . . . like a 10` x 18` blue paper blotter, just drape it over the car. No rubbing of the paint. Of course, it would probably cost about $50, and would only be used one time, but what the heck, are we committed or not?

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, good idea same exact towel, twice as much cost, you blot, and it`s disposable, no wait...you recycle it by sending it back to me, and buy another; guaranteed no scratches (how many other products have that disclaimer)

Post Thanks / Like
    ROTFLMAO

Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly does ROTFLMAO mean?

I`m guessing Rolls on the floor laughing ? ? ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the water blade for about 3 years and I can say no bad about it. As long as you take care of it then it won`t damage any vehicle you use it on. On really curvy vehicles I just get as much water off as I can with the water blade then I use an absorber to get the rest off. The water blade and the absorber is the best drying combo you can get. I have used it on just about every type of car that exists and I haven`t ever had a complaint or problem with it. Get one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi BW

ROTHFLMAO= Rolling On The Floor Laugh My Ass Off

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I see...

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information