Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Avoid use of wood rasps to remove bugs and tar.

Post Thanks / Like
    for wheel wells and stuff around the house like the lawn spreader and trash cans! Trash cans.....now that`s appropriate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a couple of things I have found to use that I would not recommend using:

* Armor All: seems to be a popular thing not to use, It doesn`t leave a good shine and really not a good product.

* Armor All Car Wash Concentrate: Horrible car wash, hardly any suds and didn`t leave a good shine.

* No Touch Tire Foam: This stuff is horrible, lasts 2 days max and is a real mess to deal with.

Basically want to stay away from anything made from armor all and cut rate tire foams such as No Touch.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have read alot of posts stating that Armor All products are the worst. Armor All has been around for a long time and has been getting a bad rap lately. Armor All is a good product if used correctly. One of the best products they make is Detailers Advantage Tire Foam. You need to spray it on then wipe it off with a damp towel. Armor All Car Wash is a good car wash, and cheap too. It will not hurt your paint and won`t strip wax. I detail about 20 cars a week and have alot of repeat customers. There are products out there that are better then Armor All but are abused just as much. Remember its not the product that damages vehicles, its the way products are used that causes the greatest damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by VAC [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I have read alot of posts stating that Armor All products are the worst. Armor All has been around for a long time and has been getting a bad rap lately. Armor All is a good product if used correctly. One of the best products they make is Detailers Advantage Tire Foam. You need to spray it on then wipe it off with a damp towel. Armor All Car Wash is a good car wash, and cheap too. It will not hurt your paint and won`t strip wax. I detail about 20 cars a week and have alot of repeat customers. There are products out there that are better then Armor All but are abused just as much. Remember its not the product that damages vehicles, its the way products are used that causes the greatest damage. [/b]</blockquote>

Hahahahahahaha. LSHIPMP.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    It was me that used boot polish on the Ferrari Tyres......I am not saying that it was good for them, but they looked fantastic..

....I am not even sure how the dealership applied the polish, because when I tried it, the look was lame.....

Hey each to their own....besides if you read my post about High Gloss endurance gel (crap) boot polish looks like a better alternative :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with armor all is the silicone oils it uses. .....It`s not so much when you are using the product, it is when you STOP using the product, it dries out the rubber or vinyl,etc,etc. Ever see tires brown or dashboards crack?! Some tire manufacturers won`t even warranty a tire if a product for sidewall defects like armor all was used on the sidewall.

As for your paint. Silicone oil is in more products than you think. I would say 95% of all carnuba waxes contain it........and most probably say they don`t...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Just another example on how one man`s prize is another`s poison. Stevecham says that Armor All car wash is garbage, however I think it works just great and it`s the only thing that will keep up the suds. As I mentioned in another post, we have very hard water here in Fort Worth, and that will knock down your suds. I`ve used Armor All on my dashes for years with never a crack. I must qualify that by saying I usually don`t keep a car over 4 years anyway.

Perhaps it might be time to try some other products out on the market though. Armor All is old technology.

Post Thanks / Like
    a) Armor All - I swore off that stuff a long time ago

b) Simoniz - Haven`t used that since the 70`s

c) Turtle Wax - Haven`t used that since the late 70`s

d) Joy - Yes, I used Joy dish detergent to wash my cars back in the day.

e) T-Shirts - Most effective in minor dusting and that`s it.

f) Bleche-White - I am gradually backing away from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Using these "spray on" dressing will coat your quarterpanels and windows with splatter. If you do use these, wipe of all excess and buff with the rag.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    P21S Windshield Wipes are one of the worst products I have ever used. I received some free samples and decided to give them a try. The inside of my windshield never had more smears than after using this product. I tried removing the "film" with the dry towel but ended up using EF Clear Vision to finish the job.

I have thought about giving them a second try but just can`t bring myself to do it. Anyone else have any experience with this product?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have really seen that what Clean Dean commented on is true. The overspray from <em class=`bbc`>any[/i] spray bottle is amazing. You often don`t see it, but if you look carefully, you will see that when you spray, droplets, or at least mist, goes way farther than you thought. I first noticed this when I noticed that my windows had a hard-to-remove film. It was overspray from my QD.

Now, I make sure to aim the QD well <em class=`bbc`>away[/i] from the windows. Just make sure that its OK with you that anything you are spraying gets on anything that is anywhere in the direction you are spraying. Or, spray directly on to your applicator.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definitely stay away from Armor All products. I believe it was Tim who a few months back stated that he used it on his hoses in his engine bay and that he strongly felt that this product caused them to crack. Could be wrong but I believe it was you Tim. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    When using most products with silicone, you need to use very little. I use Meguire`s #40 most of the time. But even with the #40 I try not to use too much. A little goes a long way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I NEVER thought it was a good product, even when it was the only thing out at first. I think I bought one bottle in my whole life and it sucked. I will admit, it did start the revolution of milky protectants though. Why are they all milky? :bounce

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information