Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    PassatPunk..

I saw some Simoniz bubble wash at K-mart, it comes in a 206 oz. container. I forgot the price of it, but I think it should be cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    <strong class=`bbc`>Avoid Simple Green or use it on someone`s car that you don`t like![/b]

I`ve purchased a boat-load of products for my new car over the past few months - the only one that I would strongly urge everyone to avoid is Turtle Wax`s Self-Drying car wash - I saw it at Wal-Mart for $1.50 (clearance-priced) and so I couldn`t resist - this stuff is practically worthless - however, I do plan on mixing it with another car wash and using it up because I don`t want to throw it away - having said that - I do recommend Turtle Wax`s Express Shine - it is a good spray-on wax and provides a long-lasting shine and will buy it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Suprised no one has mentioned cats and baby oil. Avoid them at all costs, except maybe when cooking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not recommend shoe/boot polish for tires, and to be safe stay away from some of those acid based cleaners, and stuff that claims to be spray on hose off.

Some products may be hated by some but loved by others...

Different Stokes for Different Folks....(old autopia phrase by someone..forgot who..i must be getting slower as my brain cells die off)

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Matt Vander Laan [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>
    Suprised no one has mentioned cats and baby oil. Avoid them at all costs, except maybe when cooking. [/b]</blockquote>You`re right, Matt - in some parts of the world, cats in baby oil are regarded as a great delicacy (or was it babies in cat oil? I`ll have to check with Murat)
    ~Footy

My lawyers have advised me to say nothing until the results of the blood test come through...

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JasonC8301 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Different Stokes for Different Folks....(old autopia phrase by someone..forgot who..i must be getting slower as my brain cells die off) [/b]</blockquote>
    I would say Jason loves to sniff this boot polish and acid cleaner too much..

Boot polish though, sounds like a perfect idea. I mean this would produce they best look for a tire I think, and I was really itching to try it, but I dont think it would be good for the tires and everyone else says no.. and these guys are pretty smart.

So no to the Boot polish. Acid based wheel cleaners, Matters what you got and what you dont got in front of you.

PassatPunk.
    Volkswagen `01 Passat GLX / Satin Silver

Volkswagen `96 Jetta GLS / Black

Volkswagen `96 Cabriolet / Red

Post Thanks / Like
    It must be the boot polish killing my brain cells off. Besides car detailing I like to keep my service oxfords (got one all leather pair, and one poromeric glossy ones) and Corcoran jump boots spit-shined. A small tin of polish (I got more than 10 tins of different polishes, original black kiwi (got a big one 2 1/2 oz, 2 regular sized ones 1/ 1/8 oz, and a few smaller ones, some kiwi original brown just for fun, parade gloss black but I don`t like it much, and two tins of neutral (when I feel like cheating), a pair of leather shoes, a old t-shirt, some spring water, and a few...8 hours of rubbing and I got a high gloss pair of shoes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t even think about using boot polish on tires.

Also, if you have so many bottles of Armorall, I`d just sell them very cheaply. I wouldn`t even want to use that on wheel wells. Nothing really.

Beau, update your signature. Welcome aboard to some of the P21s car shampoo zealots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beau, yeah go ahead and update your signature. Welcome aboard to the P21s car shamppoo zealot club. Awesome car shampoo.

For all the left over armor all, I probably wouldn`t even use it on wheel wells. I`d probably just sell it very cheaply to some of my "friends".

Post Thanks / Like
    Boot polish would work on tires if they were made out of leather...

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Gonzo0903 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Boot polish would work on tires if they were made out of leather... [/b]</blockquote>
    So then, can I put it on my seats J/K
    `99 VW GTI VR6(Ginster Yellow)

I`m forgetting; who has the Ferrari `round here that the dealership uses boot polish on the tires?

There was a Land Rover Discovery parked outside my house. I heard the guy telling his friend he just had it detailed; the tires HAD to have had boot polish on them. Looked strange. Nice, but strange.

Post Thanks / Like
    it was Jason Fraser (sp?) who had that fine Ferrari with the boot polish on the tires. I think he has to change his tires frequently right? Once every 3000 miles???

Post Thanks / Like
    I like how Don wouldnt even use Armol All on wheel wells. Shows how much this product is loved. And he is a loving kinda man too.

beau - dont go too fast to change your sig. to read P21S. Mind as well just type over Wash n Wax with Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo.

PassatPunk.
    Volkswagen `01 Passat GLX / Satin Silver

Volkswagen `96 Jetta GLS / Black

Volkswagen `96 Cabriolet / Red

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information