Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just picked up my new Acura TL-S 7 days ago(Aegean Blue Pearl-bright navy). I washed and waxed it with Mothers the day I brought the car home. I`m brining out some important clients Monday and want the car to really shine. I was going to wash the car, wax it again and use a Pinnacle Crystal Mist. This is the first time trying a QD. Can I apply QD right after waxing? Thanks for taking the time to help. Also, I don`t have a garage. The wash will cool down the car but it will be in the sun. Can I apply it in the sun? Should I just do it in the early evening??? Why is it bad to wax in the sun?

[Edited by darkalley on 07-04-2001 at 03:27 PM]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I would cool down the finish to wash and wax. You might want to do it later in the day when the sun is not at such an straight overhead angle.

When completed with the washing, make sure you rinse really well, and dry throughly.

You can then apply your other coat of Blitz. Apply to the whole car, take a break, 20 minutes or half an hour, and then buff off.

You can QD right after you wax, if you so desire. Then, you can dust every day, and QD every 2nd or 3rd day, if you wish. Always QD a clean surface.

Check some of the previous threads for info on how lots of us QD our vehicles. It really enhances the shine on our vehicles, and makes the carnauba last a bit longer.

Most buff of the QD with Miracle Towels, but 100% cotton towels will work, in a pinch. (Don, stop grinding your teeth!)

Once you get a routine down, you will be amazed at how easy it is to keep that just detailed shine for days at a time.

By the way, waxing in the sun will generally cause streaking. The wax dries to fast on the warm surface. Enjoy!

You might want to think about using a paint cleanser before waxing. Even though the car is new, there could still be alot of contaminants on the paint from it`s journey to your door.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe Darkalley mentioned that Mothers wax was used. Yeah, it would be best to let the paint cool before waxing or using a quick detailer. Using a quick detailer after waxing is a fine idea. I happen to do that just to make sure that I buffed everything out perfectly.

By the way, I`m kind of curious why you`re using Mothers. Especially since you went all out and bought one of the best quick detailer out there, the Crystal Mist. Have you ever tried One Grand Blitz. Very inexpensive wax ($15 or so) and is very popular with many of the regulars here. Sometimes we don`t know that there are some slightly better products out there and don`t realize that we can still improve the look and finish of the car. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m new to detailing and Mother`s seemed to be a safe bet. Is One Grand Blitz all in one?? I`m not that in to waxing that I want a three step process. Should I switch?

darkalley -

I`ve used both Blitz and Mother`s (pure carnauba wax) and I can`t tell much difference between them - very similar as far as application and removal and shine - not sure about the longevity/durability - I think most people on this board will recommend the Blitz over the Mother`s but my view is you can`t go wrong with either one...

Post Thanks / Like

If you`re not into waxing, or a multi-step process, then by all means, please get yourself some Klasse All In One sealant. It will last longer than your Mothers Wax. It will give you a better shine. It is probably cheaper in the long run since so little is used. And to top it off, it will apply and remove faster. Sounds like a snake oil commercial, but it`s true, ask most folks here.

Post Thanks / Like

Confessions of a Tire Dressing Junky...

I know we all have our secret sins.

Mine is Tire Dressing.

I`ve tried virtually every on on the planet (at least the ones I know about!!!)

I like Poorboys B&B, Zaino Z16 and Chem Guys VRP. But I can never resist trying new ones!!!!:cornut:

What kind of products are you hooked on?
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

Have you tried Tuff Shine Tire Clearcoat yet?? It`s a permanent tire dressing that doesn`t wash off (6 months durability). Pretty interesting product...

My personal favorite it Super Blue Tire Dressing from Kar Kraft (Local wholesale distributor). I`ve been using it for 15 years now and love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Some time ago, I was sold on DG253. It left a matte, black finish with no artificial gloss, no oily residue, and no slinging. Since then, I tried a variety of tire dressings and settled on TC`s product and SC Beyond Black. I also liked BM`s Matte dressing, VRT, BF gel, and FK108. Mostly, though, the TC and SC dressings worked for me. Then, one day, I reached for DG253 for the first time in a couple of years. I don`t mind admitting that it looked better and was more durable than the two products I favored. So, I`m back to the DG as the reference tire dressing. If you guys haven`t tried it, it`s worthy of attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRack View Post
    Bill,

Have you tried Tuff Shine Tire Clearcoat yet?? It`s a permanent tire dressing that doesn`t wash off (6 months durability). Pretty interesting product...
    No, but my blood pressure just went up.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    No, but my blood pressure just went up.
    Haha... Sorry! :tongue:

I`m a total product junkie myself!

It`s pretty good stuff. It is very important to completely strip off any traces of silicone before applying, or it will turn yellowish. You can choose how glossy you want the tires by how many coats you add. I find that 3 coats is perfect. Make sure to let each coat dry completely before adding another.

Let me know how you like it if you decide to order some...

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars All Season dressing, I am addicted to it. :thumbup:
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRack View Post
    Bill,

My personal favorite it Super Blue Tire Dressing from Kar Kraft (Local wholesale distributor). I`ve been using it for 15 years now and love it!
    I`ve tried it. It certainly does last a long time, no doubt longer than anything out there. It took me about 3 coats to get the look I like. I like to use it on black trim as well. Good product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Megs High Endurance Gel. As long as you buff off the excess, it looks great. If not, it will sling a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information