Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts on this, for years they xx`d "CG" and I wondered why - could it be that CG makes so many of the products they sell that they don`t want the buying public to go to the source? XXX`ing out Blackfire is the last nail in the coffin for me. I`ve said for a long time that their "forum" was nothing but a bunch of shills that squawk up products they`re having a hard time moving. Example - Joe Blow, man - I used some Wolfgangreen tire shine and it lasted through 15 car washes and my neighbor`s dog whizzing on it, then Joe Schmo chimes in with - yeah dude, that stuff rocks!

Yeah right! And whoever commented about them being the Walmart of detailing really cussed Walmart, they are more like the Sham Wow info guy. They have got their last dime from me. I`ll spend my $$ at PAC and encourage my buddies to do likewise.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did spend some money at AG in the past, but have become more and more disillusioned with their forum and their rules.

Better site here, better info, less BS.

Simply put, I think the big problem for them is Wet Diamond... and it`s because of people like me...

Generally speaking, most detailing products I have tried have disappointed me (although lately I`m on a hot streak of good products). I have NEVER had a problem offering my unbiased opinion. Wet Diamond was (for me) the first product I think I ever used that TOTALLY lived up to the hype and maybe exceeded it for me.

I would imagine that is a big problem for a place like AG.

They don`t sell Wet Diamond and never will and not only do you have the pros who love it (everyone I`ve talked to), but even schmucks like me, LOVE the stuff.... and that is what makes it dangerous.

Pros could use dog urine and make a car look and feel good, but I can`t. However, when I use Wet Diamond, my results are astounding and the product is VERY REASONABLY PRICED!!!

So, for fear of more defectors to ######### Wet Diamond, they just cross out the brand. Pretty sad, pretty weak but also VERY indicative of being insecure about a competitor`s product.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I did spend some money at AG in the past, but have become more and more disillusioned with their forum and their rules.

Better site here, better info, less BS.

Simply put, I think the big problem for them is Wet Diamond... and it`s because of people like me...

Generally speaking, most detailing products I have tried have disappointed me (although lately I`m on a hot streak of good products). I have NEVER had a problem offering my unbiased opinion. Wet Diamond was (for me) the first product I think I ever used that TOTALLY lived up to the hype and maybe exceeded it for me.

I would imagine that is a big problem for a place like AG.

They don`t sell Wet Diamond and never will and not only do you have the pros who love it (everyone I`ve talked to), but even schmucks like me, LOVE the stuff.... and that is what makes it dangerous.

Pros could use dog urine and make a car look and feel good, but I can`t. However, when I use Wet Diamond, my results are astounding and the product is VERY REASONABLY PRICED!!!

So, for fear of more defectors to ######### Wet Diamond, they just cross out the brand. Pretty sad, pretty weak but also VERY indicative of being insecure about a competitor`s product.

I havent tried Blackfire Wet Diamond yet, I really like the Blackfire Ivory Midnight Sun Carnauba Paste Wax, a little goes a long ways and I really like the warm glow it gives.

Sooner or later I will be placing an order for multiple products in the Blackfire line, including Wet Diamond.

I do not think I will ever completely understand why AG does certain things, But I think some of the folks over there are driving Mike Phillips crazy regarding IPA wipedowns, fillers, and such.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Just looked at "The Best LSP" thread on AG, wonder why this one hasnt been blocked out?

Quote Originally Posted by Presidential_Detail View Post
    My vote goes for Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Sealant. Ever since I got a sample, its all I have used lately! Its amazingly easy, you can apply it with a PC in under 10 minutes to the entire car and then effortlessly remove it and it leaves the slickest surface I have ever felt. It gets a 10/10 in my book, I havent found any issues with it yet.
    Also, just noticed they closed the thread about their rules before any of the big dogs start posting where they distinctly say
    Just to clear it up... We do not have a problem with a review being posted with mention of products we don`t sell as long as you are not pushing those products with a hidden agenda. And as long as they are mentioned with other products we do carry.
    From my thread that was deleted..I even listed Dodo Juice which they carry..Seems they dont even follow their own rules! Da Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by presidential_detail View Post
    Decontamination Process:
    Meguiars "Mild" Clay Bar with ONR as clay solution
    Adams Metal Polish #2 on Exhaust Tips

Wheels:
    Swissvax Autobahn Wheel Wax

Interior:
    1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium
    Meguairs APC+
    Leather Masters Strong Cleaner
    Leather Masters Vital
    Vacuum
    Invisible Glass Glass Cleaner

Engine Bay:
    Meguiars APC+
    Various Brushes
    Zaino AIO On All Painted Surfaces

Paint Correction:
    3M Automotive Performance "Green" Tape
    M105/PFW via Makita Rotary
    M205/Orange via Meguiars G110 DA
    Zaino AIO On All Door Shuts
    50/50 of 91% IPA/Distilled Water
    Meguiars Supreme Shine MF Towels

LSP:
    TWO coats of Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Sealant
    TWO coats of Dodo Juice Hard Wax for White Vehicles(Owner Supplied)
    Presidential Automotive Detailing
    Billy Aylward

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    I do not think I will ever completely understand why AG does certain things, But I think some of the folks over there are driving Mike Phillips crazy regarding IPA wipedowns, fillers, and such.
    It`s a power struggle. There`s a new sheriff in town, and the cowboys are testing him. AG hasn`t had a resident expert, at least not since I`ve been reading the forum (a little over a year now), so Mike`s presence is a challenge and threat to the pecking order. Mike`s handling the challenges with civility and grace, but he`s not backing down. Everyone will settle in soon. I would expect that a couple of the AG "experts" will move on to other forums.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    It`s a power struggle. There`s a new sheriff in town, and the cowboys are testing him. AG hasn`t had a resident expert, at least not since I`ve been reading the forum (a little over a year now), so Mike`s presence is a challenge and threat to the pecking order. Mike`s handling the challenges with civility and grace, but he`s not backing down. Everyone will settle in soon. I would expect that a couple of the AG "experts" will move on to other forums.
    Now why can`t I say things so succinctly, yet so diplomatically?
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    wait, I`ve been on there for over a year now....
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    Well one thing this thread has done is to send me over looking to see what this comment was about. I saw at least one recent thread which could be the subject of your comment. I agree, Mike Phillips is handling at least one situation with professionalism and no small amount of tact.

It is a good example of members who believe themselves to be experts. Perhaps because they have a shelf full of products that are not OTC products, and they have a lot of posts on a detailing forum. Because they are able to parrot what they`ve read from others.

As far as experts moving to other forums, there is probably already a number of resident experts just like them.

I don`t understand why the people in charge of the forum over at AG chose this course of action, but it certainly has created conversation about AG. Here is a 7 page thread with very little substance dedicated to discussing AG. From a marketing standpoint, don`t they say ...say what you will about me good or bad, just keep talking about me. :smile:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information