Post Thanks / Like

An amusing Wet Diamond story...

So, I`m in Michigan visiting my wife`s parents and her family are all employees of either the big three or a Tier 1 supplie to the big three. Obviously, they are all LOYAL to American car brands.

Meanwhile, my wife and I own a Honda and a Lexus and our car choices have cause "heated" discussions in the past (to say the least). Well, this is not a political thread but an amusing story with an understanding of that back story.

So, my wife gets to her parents house with her CR-V which was just done with Wet Diamond last weekend (two coats) and her car was COVERED with bugs from the four hour drive from Toronto to Detroit.

My father-in-law sees her car covered in bugs and decides to spray it with his hose to clean off some off the crud. When he puts the water to the car, he sees the water SCREAMING off the paint. I`m watching him from the window. He keeps applying more water. A lof the bugs fell off, but a few remained.

He comes inside the house looking very dismayed and says...

"You guys were right, foreign cars are much better than American cars, the water won`t even stay on the paint on your Honda". My wife and I look at each other and I respond with a smirk... "I told you so". LOL

I guess he`ll figure out that I`m full of crap when he takes the Chevy Blazer (that I just detailed) out in the rain. Until then, I`ll enjoy the fact that he thinks it was the Honda`s "special paint" which made the difference!!!!
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s funny how the most abstract details of a car, whether truthful or not, can convert a diehard loyalist like your father-in-law. I guess it could have easily further solidified his previous views had your wife`s car been a domestic vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    thats a good one.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    after having some issues with Ford, and MAJOR problems with GM, there is NO WAY I`m buying a GM vehicle...I might consider a Ford...But yes, I am a big fan of Japanese (not Subaru and nor Mitsubisi), and German cars...
    I`m not a fan of "it breaks, so you buy a new one, so our technicians can have a job" theory. I AM NOT supporting it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    after having some issues with Ford, and MAJOR problems with GM, there is NO WAY I`m buying a GM vehicle...I might consider a Ford...But yes, I am a big fan of Japanese (not Subaru and nor Mitsubisi), and German cars...
    I`m not a fan of "it breaks, so you buy a new one, so our technicians can have a job" theory. I AM NOT supporting it...
    so, what r u saying? the water repels better on japanese cars than american cars?

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbor is a big fan of Lexus (he used to own one), but he can`t buy one because his father-in-law is a former GM engineer and diehard domestic loyalist. He tells me every time he says he wants to get a Lexus, his wife says, "You can`t do that! Dad will have a cow!" He`s had to "settle" for Cadillac CTS` since getting married.:biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    so, what r u saying? the water repels better on japanese cars than american cars?

Claude
    That Chevy Blazer is going to repel with the best of them. Put a second coat of WD today (before I left) and the car is going to be garage parked for the next 4 weeks (maybe the longest cure time ever - LOL).
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup.... good one!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Thread Information