Thread: 303 Protectant

Post Thanks / Like

303 Protectant

In a previous thread I used Wet Diamond for the first time on my wife`s silver Honda CR-V (see here http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/sh...highlight=CR-V) and as a part of that detail job I used 303 Protectant (for the first time) on the CR-V`s plastic exterior trim.

You`ll see from the pics, the CR-V has a ton of black plastic. 303 made it look great when I first used it and was relatively easy to use, but I found that it hasn`t held up very well and I think the plastic now looks a bit faded.

Typically, I have used the following on the CR-V`s plastic parts...

1. Meguiars All Season Dressing

2. Meguiars Hyper Dressing

3. Gold Class Trim Detailer

Each of the above had both positive and negatives but one thing is for certain, when they would "wear off" (so to speak) the black never looked faded.

GC trim detailer gave the best look IMO, but was hardest to put on. Hyper Dressing was the easiest to apply but didn`t last very long, while the ASD was probably the best overall, for ease of application vs. durability.

I know many love 303 and praise it greatly, but I`m wondering if it should only really be used on the interior or if anyone else noticed fading?

It`s not like the plastic looks old or anything like that... it just seems like after using 303 the plastic has lost a bit of luster. Any thoughts? I have plenty of ASD and Trim Detailer and HD, so I don`t need a new product, I`m just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with 303?
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used 303 for years, primarily because it has such good UV protection... however, it does leave a low satin finish. I prefer a little more sheen.

I have actually started mixing 303 with Poorboys Bold `n` Bright 50/50 to give the finish a little more pop.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have use 303 Aerospace Protectant on alot of the CR-V`s that I have done and haven`t any problems with it, alot of my customers request I leave them some of it so they can apply it after they wash their CR-V`s
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a big fan of 303 on exterior trim as well. I never noticed it looked faded, just kind of the same. I love it on interiors and even leather, but for the most part, I use 1Z Rubber and Vinyl Care instead of 303 anyways.

Great review on the different products as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use 303 sometimes but it just looks splotchy (uneven) at times on larger black sections.
    Al

Made in USA

Thread Information