Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    This may be a silly question, but assuming that one has applied one or two coats of a good wax/sealant, why do a final wipedown with a quick detailer? I know that the quick detailer adds a little bit extra gloss and shine, but might that not also detract in someway from the look of the wax? I am not a professional, of course. I only detail my own cars. But I do now have a couple of nice waxes in my collection, and I`m hesitant about using a quick detailer on them after my initial waxing. It feels like pouring ketchup on filet mignon.
    When I`m working on a clients vehicle, wax is not the final step. There are so many things that I do after I remove the wax. This gives time for dust to settle on the vehicle, specs of anything I`m cleaning around the paint, to attach itself to the paint(like cleaning and waxing door jambs). When I remove the wax off of a vehicle, I am about 90% finished with the job. A final wipe down is needed to get it back to 100%, and also allows you to touch the entire paint surface again, to ensure nothing is left behind.

Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Chapman View Post
    When I`m working on a clients vehicle, wax is not the final step. There are so many things that I do after I remove the wax. This gives time for dust to settle on the vehicle, specs of anything I`m cleaning around the paint, to attach itself to the paint(like cleaning and waxing door jambs). When I remove the wax off of a vehicle, I am about 90% finished with the job. A final wipe down is needed to get it back to 100%, and also allows you to touch the entire paint surface again, to ensure nothing is left behind.

Nick
    Yeah, especially too make sure no trace residue is left behind.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Chapman View Post
    Thanks, Nick. That makes eminent good sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have these issues from time to time Nick and it drives me nuts too. I will mist a little water on the paint and wipe in in with a MF towel...seems to work well.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information