Post Thanks / Like

Question What do you use?

Hi Everyone,

Im just wondering after putting a coat of wax or sealant on what do you use to remove the residue and buff?

I use the "Cobra Indigo Edgeless Microfiber", sometimes its a pain, it bunches up and gotta stop and check the way the direction or the weave is and start again.

I`m looking for something that doesnt bunch up and can be used for buffing.

Thanx In Advance
    Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like you may be putting on too thick of a coat of wax.

but to answer your question, I use the Paradise Platinum towel. It has two different pile lengths on each side. One has a shorter nap which is great for removing wax, and the other side has a longer nap which is great to use to give it that final buff or going over with Quick Detailer after the wax has been removed.

D!
    D!Tail Guru
    TSGAutoCare
    Salt Lake City, Utah

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I been using the Dragon Fibre Perfect Shine Buffing Cloth and was very surprise on how it removed the polish after I had buff with my rotary. Works wonderfully and it`s now in my collection of towels to use when detailing vehicles.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    i found a package of 36 mf cloths at costco for about $16. washed em b4 i used em and they work like a charm and you cant beat the price

Post Thanks / Like
    I use at least two or three Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfibers.

I have also heard good things about the Ultimate Wipe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    i found a package of 36 mf cloths at costco for about $16. washed em b4 i used em and they work like a charm and you cant beat the price
    I got the same ones. They actually feel pretty soft. Unfortunately, I think they scratch. I used them to wipe off Z2Pro of my mom`s metallic gray Mercedes and I saw a few scratches I don`t recall seeing before. I think I`ll relegate them to my wife`s Accord and my brother-in-law`s Jetta. They`re both white.

BTW, I`ve been using the Microtex MF towels from Walmart. I got a whole lot of them a few years ago before they changed the content from 70/30 to 80/20. Don`t know if that has anything to do with it, but they have not scratched my cars at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    I wouldn`t recommend using these on paint. While they may feel soft, if you are really looking for a Detailed car and not just a clean one, you will most likely end up scratching the surface with these. Get a really high quality microfiber and compare the two and you will really notice the difference.

One trick I heard once (but I haven`t tried it) is to take the microfiber you are using and wipe it across a CD as you would the surface of your car. If it leaves any scratches in the CD, chances are it will do the same thing on your paint.

D!
    D!Tail Guru
    TSGAutoCare
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D!Tailed View Post
    I wouldn`t recommend using these on paint. While they may feel soft, if you are really looking for a Detailed car and not just a clean one, you will most likely end up scratching the surface with these. Get a really high quality microfiber and compare the two and you will really notice the difference.

One trick I heard once (but I haven`t tried it) is to take the microfiber you are using and wipe it across a CD as you would the surface of your car. If it leaves any scratches in the CD, chances are it will do the same thing on your paint.

D!
    i just tried that with the mf cloths and shined a light on the cd and fortunately for me didn`t see any scratches at all. maybe i alleviated that problem by washing them first...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried several different kinds of microfiber towels, and I prefer, by a large margin, the Ultimate Wipe by Meguiar`s for removing wax.

Thread Information