Thread: Jetting

Post Thanks / Like

Question Jetting

Hello Everyone,

Got a question hopefully someone can answer from experience.

I have a black vehicle and at present time its been polished with in the following order and sealed..Megs205 (Orange Pad), Menz_final finish II (White Pad), Zaino ZPC (White Pad), Zaino AIO (By Hand).

I used to use Souver?n? Wax, and the vehicle looked really Black and wet, great Jetting. But with all good things there is a drawback and that was the vehicle became a huge dust magnet.
    I also tried P21S, Dodo Juice, Trade Secret all are Carnauba waxs and all had one thing in common DUST!!

Thanx to this site while reading about FMJ and comparing it to Zaino,Zymol, i decided to try Zaino, and its not good, its amazing, but like i said before everything has a drawback. After applying 30+ coats of Z5 and Z2 and mixed in ZCS and shots of Z8 only between coats. The Vehicle looked like a piece of chrome coming down the street on wheels, LOL, it was amazing.

I need something that deepen the black back to black while adding Z5 and Z2. Has anyone tried mixing anything under Zaino or over it where the Jetting increases?

I tried Souver?n? Wax Carnauba under Ziano, Not something I want to try again . Z7 took off the carnauba, and it was back to normal.

So if anyone has experience in the Zaino products and can help me it would be great, if not thats fine also, im willing to experiment on my other <Ahem>(Wifes) vehicle.

Can i use a Glaze without fillers for jetting, i have Menz,Megs, and 3M pad glaze.

Thanx In Advance
    Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a thought, but you seem to have a lot more polishing steps than really needed.
    If you`re wanting to get more "jetting", skip Z2 and just go with Z5. Personally, I wouldn`t use Zaino at all if jetting is most important, but that`s just me.

I could be wrong, but I`ve never heard of a glaze that didn`t have fillers. IIRC, that`s what glazes do to give you more depth, shine, ........they cover up imperfections in the paint by filling them in with oils and various substances.

From my experiences, if jetting is what you want, than you were on the right track with Souveran. I have also used M26 and Natty`s Blue with great success.

Post Thanks / Like
    As you said, everything has its drawbacks. There is nothing like the look of carnauba on black paint but their composition is going to attract dust a bit more than a sealant. Just sticking to Zaino Z5 might be a better choice because it offers a more carnauba-ish look than Z2 does. Topping Z5 with Z2 then ZCS and finishing with Z8 is going to be Bling Central, so try modifying your process a bit; maybe less is more for what you want.

Using products under Zaino usually is not a good idea. One of the core strengths of Zaino is its world-beating durability. For this to work the surface under the sealant coat needs to be prepped just right so the polymer crosslinking process will work, providing for the great durability of Zaino. A wax under Z2/Z5 acts as a barrier to the sealant, negating its primary capability.

You can certainly top Zaino with a wax to alter its looks but you`ll still have the dust issue to deal with. Applying wax on top of a sealant is a popular combo so consider giving it a try to see how you like it.

Maybe consider trying a different sealant that offers a more wax-like look without the dust issue. I haven`t used Blackfire sealants in some years so I can`t say how they look compared to wax or Zaino but maybe there is a balance that could work for you with another brand.

As far as a glaze, they all have fillers. That`s what they`re designed to do, fill in microswirls and add depth and richness from all the oils in the product. Glaze + wax will probably give you the look you want but you`ll have the dust issue to contend with.

Hope this helps you. Keep experimenting with combos. I`m sure you`ll turn up one that works for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Termigator View Post
    Just a thought, but you seem to have a lot more polishing steps than really needed.
    If you`re wanting to get more "jetting", skip Z2 and just go with Z5. Personally, I wouldn`t use Zaino at all if jetting is most important, but that`s just me.

I could be wrong, but I`ve never heard of a glaze that didn`t have fillers. IIRC, that`s what glazes do to give you more depth, shine, ........they cover up imperfections in the paint by filling them in with oils and various substances.

From my experiences, if jetting is what you want, than you were on the right track with Souveran. I have also used M26 and Natty`s Blue with great success.
    I like polishing, the paint has to look perfect for my eyes before a sealant can go on it. I thought maybe there is a glaze without fillers, but if there are fillers in it, what will it fill if there is no scratches? can it work to deepen the color? Yes the Souveran looks great but the dust drove me crazy.
    I have used Z5 alone topped with ZCS and then Z8.
    Jetting is important, but i cant stop using Zaino, not that easy to do.

I gotta start experimenting again.

Thanx for the reply Termigator
    Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BretFraz View Post
    As you said, everything has its drawbacks. There is nothing like the look of carnauba on black paint but their composition is going to attract dust a bit more than a sealant. Just sticking to Zaino Z5 might be a better choice because it offers a more carnauba-ish look than Z2 does. Topping Z5 with Z2 then ZCS and finishing with Z8 is going to be Bling Central, so try modifying your process a bit; maybe less is more for what you want.

Using products under Zaino usually is not a good idea. One of the core strengths of Zaino is its world-beating durability. For this to work the surface under the sealant coat needs to be prepped just right so the polymer crosslinking process will work, providing for the great durability of Zaino. A wax under Z2/Z5 acts as a barrier to the sealant, negating its primary capability.

You can certainly top Zaino with a wax to alter its looks but you`ll still have the dust issue to deal with. Applying wax on top of a sealant is a popular combo so consider giving it a try to see how you like it.

Maybe consider trying a different sealant that offers a more wax-like look without the dust issue. I haven`t used Blackfire sealants in some years so I can`t say how they look compared to wax or Zaino but maybe there is a balance that could work for you with another brand.

As far as a glaze, they all have fillers. That`s what they`re designed to do, fill in microswirls and add depth and richness from all the oils in the product. Glaze + wax will probably give you the look you want but you`ll have the dust issue to contend with.

Hope this helps you. Keep experimenting with combos. I`m sure you`ll turn up one that works for you.

What would happen if you apply a glaze to a paint with no swirls of any kind?
    as for experimenting, im always doing it., ill find something.

Thanx for the reply BretFraz

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I don`t care for polishing at all. I find it to be a necessary evil to my obsession of getting the perfect shine.:p
    If you want to stick with Zaino, don`t bother with any glazes. They will just keep Zaino from sticking to your paint.
    Have you heard of "jeweling" the paint? I haven`t done it, but I believe it`s using a finishing polish like M205 or 106FA with a finishing pad like the gray LC pad. Like I said, I haven`t done it, so I can`t really give you anymore details about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    What would happen if you apply a glaze to a paint with no swirls of any kind?
    as for experimenting, im always doing it., ill find something.

Thanx for the reply BretFraz

Claude
    It would still look the same. The glaze doesn`t know if there are swirls present or not. The glaze seeks out the low spots on the surfaces and fills them. No low spots, it just sits on the paint looking rich and glossy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BretFraz View Post
    It would still look the same. The glaze doesn`t know if there are swirls present or not. The glaze seeks out the low spots on the surfaces and fills them. No low spots, it just sits on the paint looking rich and glossy.

ok, Glazes getting tossed.

Starting new Post.

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Termigator View Post
    Personally, I don`t care for polishing at all. I find it to be a necessary evil to my obsession of getting the perfect shine.:p
    If you want to stick with Zaino, don`t bother with any glazes. They will just keep Zaino from sticking to your paint.
    Have you heard of "jeweling" the paint? I haven`t done it, but I believe it`s using a finishing polish like M205 or 106FA with a finishing pad like the gray LC pad. Like I said, I haven`t done it, so I can`t really give you anymore details about it.
    Jeweling the paint, huh?
    Gotta ask around.
    I do have the pads and the M205.
    <Very interesting>

Thanx for the reply Termigator

Claude

Thread Information