Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for Rolling Seats/Chairs and Kneeling Pads Used for Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I’m going to have to keep that in mine because I was quoted at least double that
    Like anything it’s all over the place. I got one quote that was over a thousand. They needed to take it apart and get special trip permits. I gave them dimensions too.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the Harbor Freight detailing seat. I decided against it and got the smaller metal seat. I wasn`t wanting something dedicated to detailing but for general maintenance and the detailing seat seems so big and bulky. I`m not sure people need 3 different bottles of product and a big gulp on their seat while moving around a vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I looked at the Harbor Freight detailing seat. I decided against it and got the smaller metal seat. I wasn`t wanting something dedicated to detailing but for general maintenance and the detailing seat seems so big and bulky. I`m not sure people need 3 different bottles of product and a big gulp on their seat while moving around a vehicle.
    Those bottle holder/cup holders come out. Not bigger than a regular creeper but I appreciate the bigger wheels. Especially in a drive way. Those metal ones with those tiny wheels catch on every little crack and pebble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn`t aware the cup holders were removable. The size of the wheels don`t look much different than the one I bought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I have a lift and it cost me $1000 to replace the hoses which had dry rotted with age
    Well, that`s a wake up call (to me) for how long it`s been since you moved down there, if it`s been long enough for that to happen. I`m going to PM you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Well if you want the best of the best and don`t care about $$$, check out Vyper. Ouch on the price though.
    That Viper chair looks a bit bulky to me. The Griots seat looks more slim line and portable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    That Viper chair looks a bit bulky to me. The Griots seat looks more slim line and portable.
    Vyper makes a few different sizes of chairs. All pretty great, all pretty great prices.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Harbor Freight pneumatic adjustable rolling stool. I used a coupon and it cost me around $25.

I like it better than some of the creepers because I can adjust the height. When working on SUV`s it`s handing to be able to move up and down depending on where you are working on the door or fenders. For my car, I drop that sucker as low as it will go. The tray is handy for holding bottles of polish and pads.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Thanks wannafbody thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, a lot of great suggestions and experiences, thanks all !!!

I still just kneel on some knee pads I bought at Home Depot decades ago, and get all that lower stuff done...

I feel I can get much more pressure on the rotary pad onto the paint this way, and it actually goes faster, because there is no sliding around, etc.., when you put pressure while sitting on a chair with wheels... If you can perhaps brake the wheels so they don`t move, that has to help for sure..

I still prefer while I still can, my process, I can see everything better because I am closer and just have to lean forward or to the side, and I`m done...

Good luck, men ! Hope you find the right answer for your needs !
    Dan F
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You could also buy one of many different padded workout mats, like a thick yoga mat but with more padding and they don`t roll up. That way lots of padded work area, like 3 feet. And then the other benefit is you can take small naps in between work.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    You could also buy one of many different padded workout mats, like a thick yoga mat but with more padding and they don`t roll up. That way lots of padded work area, like 3 feet. And then the other benefit is you can take small naps in between work.
    Who says I sleep between work; more like during work.
    If I want a "workout", I`ll just do a full detail of a vehicle. No goin` to the gym or exercise class for me!
    (You ARE lazy, Captain Obvious. Just sayin`...)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like costco has a decent deal on a rolling seat, it made the front page of slick deals...

Costco Members: Powerbuilt Mechanics Heavy Duty Rolling Work Seat
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Who says I sleep between work; more like during work.
    If I want a "workout", I`ll just do a full detail of a vehicle. No goin` to the gym or exercise class for me!
    (You ARE lazy, Captain Obvious. Just sayin`...)
    I meant have a nap after a polishing set, like polish a door and fender, have a cat nap. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Looks like costco has a decent deal on a rolling seat, it made the front page of slick deals...

Costco Members: Powerbuilt Mechanics Heavy Duty Rolling Work Seat
    The harbor freight is a better deal. To get the bigger holders which will hold bottles bigger than 16oz and the molded seat pad is $38 from griots. Only place I’ve seen you can buy separately and the power built doesn’t come with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I wasn`t aware the cup holders were removable. The size of the wheels don`t look much different than the one I bought.
    Is this the one? If so the wheels are much larger. At least on the Speedmaster and Griots versions of the same chair.

My buddy has that one and I took mine over to help polish his car. His would get caught on his Swiss trax and mine rolled just fine.

Our driveways also have aggregate cement slabs and his will get caught and toss you off seat. Again mine rolled over them with no problems. The grants from HF is far superior to the one you bought.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information