Thread: Before & After

Post Thanks / Like

Before & After

After the storm Monday night and after 10 hours of digging (by myself) .....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes dgage, RPPM liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Before & After

So glad I am not in the Pittsburgh area anymore, I know they got about a foot, we had about 4 inches in the middle of PA. I don`t miss the dreary winter sky, or the colder temps, or the almost daily snow in January through February. Where you are in OH is even worse for foul winter weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    So glad I am not in the Pittsburgh area anymore, I know they got about a foot, we had about 4 inches in the middle of PA. I don`t miss the dreary winter sky, or the colder temps, or the almost daily snow in January through February. Where you are in OH is even worse for foul winter weather.
    We got between 15 and 20 inches overnight Sunday.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes RPPM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Lotsa snow!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    We got between 15 and 20 inches overnight Sunday.
    That will take awhile to even get off the driveway and make a place in the street to start off on...
    Perhaps might be a good time to see if you can get even a good electric snow blower?
    You will still have to do the rest of it but some of those can remove that light, not frozen, stuff pretty quick out of the way..
    Been there and done all of that, thank you..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

What do they call a 5-inches snowfall in in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan`s snow belts, like Marquette or Houghton? A dusting!!

Send some of that "White Gold" to us in Northeast Wisconsin. Why? It`s Mother Nature`s natural insulation against the sub-zero cold. Ask any farmer who has an alfalfa (NO, not the the singing kid from "Little Rascals") field why they need 12 or more inches of snow on it to protect it from a killing freeze of the root system in the ground in sub-zero temps. It`s an expensive ordeal to have to reseed and replant alfalfa in the spring.
    That and to prevent the freezing of municipal city and private residence underground pipes for both water and sewer.
    The REAL reason, though, is the economic impact it has on the hospitality industries from recreational visitors/tourist who snowmobile or cross-country ski in the winter here in Northeast Wisconsin. It`s one way many bars, restaurants, and motels make though the winter economically/financially and it has a BIG monetary impact on small, local towns that depend on these "off-season" activities to generate government operational revenue from taxes on sales of restaurant foods, motel rooms, alcoholic beverages sold at bars and liquor stores, and the gasoline for vehicles and snowmobiles. Maybe now you understand why we call it "White Gold".

By the way, when we do get the occasional "Big Dumper" of snow (8 or more inches) in the Green Bay metroplex, it is quite an ordeal to have the snow removed from the city streets and the six bridges that cross the north-flowing Fox River that splits the metroplex into east and west sides. Someone asked "What do you do with ALL that snow"? We sell it to Illinois as clean landfill.
    GB detailer

Thread Information