Halfway to my goal, and it still looks GOOD

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Halfway to my goal, and it still looks GOOD

Don- Nice to see somebody planning on driving one for a good long time. And a black car used in Ohio no less!

Heh heh, ~150K...guess it`s getting close to broken-in, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Don- Nice to see somebody planning on driving one for a good long time. And a black car used in Ohio no less!

Heh heh, ~150K...guess it`s getting close to broken-in, huh?
    I had the dealership where I bought it email me a few times wanting to know if I wanted a newer one. Told them no way, I love the car and I`m going to drive it until it dies, which considering that it runs just as good now as it did when I bought it with 25K on it, 300K doesn`t seem out of the question.

PS. Once I retire and the 100 miles/day aren`t being added on, the mileage will not be added on as fast.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes RPPM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don:
    Thanks for posting pics of your "Darth" Camaro along with your detailing exploits on it.

While your lofty goal of 300,000 miles is commendable, the federal government`s impending "Green Initiatives" may put a kibosh to actually achieving that goal in the next 9 years, if your travel mileage rates continue as they have in the past OR at least will greatly impact the economic feasibility to achieving that goal. While I do not like political issues to be a part of this detailing forum, that IS the reality of this day-and-age we live in and the internal combustion engine (ICE) and the fossil and bio-fuels needed to operate them are fast becoming an obsolete and out-dated technology that many in the world view as a major contributor to "Climate Change" and "Global Warming". The USA and its automotive-based society is viewed as a world leader in that area and THE major contributor to the Climate Change and Global Warming. The next and upcoming generation of individuals/USA citizens has a completely different viewpoint on the ICE and cars, hence this push for the fore-mentioned federal legislation.

SO, before everyone gets bent out of shape, thinking that Captain Obvious (that`s me) has made Don`s Darth Camaro and his goal of attaining 300,000 driven miles on it as THE poster-child of Climate Change and Global Warming, NO, that is NOT my intent. It its merely a comment on viewpoints relating to the ICE and vehicles that use them and current impending federal legislation relating to those issues.
    As has been oft-repeated by many individuals relating to the various social-political-economic issues facing this nation and the world, "We are all in this together." (OH, yah, we forgot: Captain Obvious is also Captain Cliche!)

Personally I hope, Don, that things work out that you are, indeed, able to achieve your goal of 300,000 driven miles on the Darth Camaro, despite what happens. I LOVE the ICE and the vehicles that I still own and drive daily for my own personal mobility in the USA and are an integral part of my life since I was born. Your Camaro is really the epitome of that statement for all of us Autopians and why we are members of and contributors to this forum dedicated to detailing such vehicles. Let`s just hope that this sentiment continues in reality as we know it. Long live the ICE.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Dated a girl who said “death to fossil fuels”. As a owner of three manual transmission V8s, she had to go.

Good luck hitting 300k! I’m at 113k, 111k and 14k. With the way used cars are priced, I can’t see myself moving on from them anytime soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    While your lofty goal of 300,000 miles is commendable, the federal government`s impending "Green Initiatives" may put a kibosh to actually achieving that goal in the next 9 years, if your travel mileage rates continue as they have in the past OR at least will greatly impact the economic feasibility to achieving that goal. "...
    "Economic feasibility" is pretty subjective....people thought I`d "need" to have vehicles that got decent mileage but nah, the amount of gas we burn makes the cost inconsequential...The cost of a really good EV (which I *would* like under some circumstances that, sigh.. don`t apply to our household) would by lots of fossil fuels. The Tesla/Fisker/etc. equiv. of the S8 would be 6-figures, and a check that size that buys a lot of gas. For better or worse (and I do care about the environmental impact), fossil fuel-powered private vehicles aren`t going anywhere for the foreseeable future.
    Likes PoisonTheWell liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    ..... For better or worse (and I do care about the environmental impact), fossil fuel-powered private vehicles aren`t going anywhere for the foreseeable future.
    Funny you mention that: According to a newspaper fact-finding article,a current study funded by President Biden`s own administration determined that 70% of the vehicles by 2050 will STILL be powered by some sort of liquid fuel. Sounds logical to me!
    Now what exactly that liquid fuel will be may take some yet-to-be-determined technology. Hydrogen fuel is still in its development stage, and compressed natural gas (CNG) has been used for a number of years now in truck and some car fleets.

I REALLY "dislike" ethyl alcohol fuels currently being made/distilled from grains because we are using a food source for energy, not human consumption, but that`s my "moral/ethical` viewpoint. This was and is all the rage today, BUT since federal government subsidies/price supports to developing and using this fuel have been reduced, its supposed economic advantages have been exposed for what they REALLY cost. That said, its a fine line for Americans to deciding whether they want to eat their bowl of corn flakes in the morning OR needing to drive their Flex-Fuel truck to work in morning. Paraphrasing a common moral-of-the-story about ethanol, "You can`t drive your truck and eat your corn flakes, too."
    GB detailer
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I REALLY "dislike" ethyl alcohol fuels currently being made/distilled from grains because we are using a food source for energy, not human consumption.
    Well, I don`t even like Corn as a food source...for people/animals/anything. Suit me fine if they just quit growing the [stuff].

Heh heh..."tell us what you really think, Accumulator!"

Anyhow..I`d worried that I had once again come across as being all argumentative towards you, but it appears that didn`t happen...very relieved as I`m trying to be better about that. It`s not like you and I *really* disagree about much at all when it comes right down to it, but it sure can sound like we do!

What I`d really like to see is something that could replace Aviation/Jet fuel...now *that* one`s gonna be tricky.

Thread Information