NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Father`s Day !

Of what work may a man be most proud? Should he be most proud to be a patriot?
    Should he be proud to preside over a great business corporation, command vast armies, occupy a seat of power in government,
    receive the cheers of thousands, be the subject of biographies?
    Such works should make a man feel proud indeed of his accomplishments.
    But listen to the words of one man who lived just such a life and then looked back.
    "By profession," he wrote, "I am a soldier and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder-infinitely prouder-to be a father...
    It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home, repeating with him our simple daily prayer, `Our Father Who Art in Heaven.` "
    General Douglas MacArthur wrote those words, and he was right. Our world needs good men for many things, but for nothing as much as to be righteous fathers.
    No number of brilliant statesmen, subtle philosophers, resourceful businessmen, or scientific geniuses can save us from chaos if we break the thread that binds our generation to the next.
    Fatherhood is a responsibility that cannot be delegated or ignored. Traits of his mind and body will be part of the baby before it is born.
    Virtually everything the father does will affect his child. What an inspiring opportunity it is to be a father.
    God Bless the righteous fathers of this world ! Men will do no greater work than bringing forth and "training up" another generation. (Proverbs 22:6)
    It is significant that God, who could have chosen any awe-inspiring title in the universe, has asked that we call him Father.

God Bless you good men ! Thank you for all that you do !

DanF
    Likes bob m, Dan liked this post
    Thanks bob m thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Happy Father`s Day !

Thank you for your thread…hope all father’s had a Happy Day. You have me thinking of my Dad who died at 62 years old …Happy Father’s Day Dad. Love you
    Likes Stokdgs, bob m liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Thread Information