Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you believe

Post Thanks / Like

Can you believe

I live in N.E

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you believe

Its me again I the live in NE Florida and the pollen is awful for this time of the year just going to rinse the car off

Post Thanks / Like

I`m dealing with it too. I sure hope we get enough rain to wash it away
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I`m dealing with it too. I sure hope we get enough rain to wash it away
    just finished washing the car its a loaner from Toyota...my 2019 is in re call and Toyota doesn`t know when it will be repaired...the engine will shut off on you....

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That`s a dangerous thing to happen. Surprised it`s a Toyota problem. Hope they fix it soon
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

We just have snow and salt to wash off the cars here in NJ--no pollen yet. Maybe tomorrow or the next day.
    Likes PA DETAILER, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Wow! That`s a dangerous thing to happen. Surprised it`s a Toyota problem. Hope they fix it soon

yes it it`s dangerous especially on A1A...passing a car with traffic coming the other way...I am a Toyota fan, but surprises me they don`t have a remedy yet....

Post Thanks / Like

maurofc70:
    Not sure what the "Can You Believe" thread title is referencing; the excess pollen in Florida you are experiencing OR the unresolved engine shut-off problem with your Toyota.
    What model Toyota do you drive and does it have the auto engine shut-off/restart feature when you come to a complete stop?? Have you reported your problem to the federal National Highway Traffic Safety Administration?? https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/Complaint.cfm
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Pollen is always bad here in Fl. from the middle/end of Jan all the way thru April.Thats when both my outside vehicles look the worst- those 3-1/2 months it is totally a waste of time to wash `cause the VERY NEXT DAY is already covered in pollen again

Post Thanks / Like

Excuse my upper-Midwest Wisconsin ignorance, but;
    1) What plants/fauna are the main contributors of this excessive pollen?
    2) Is this a sticky-type of pollen(s) when it/they combine(s) with the Gulf of Mexico/Atlantic Ocean-induced ever-present humidity in Florida, which is a mess on vehicles??
    3) Does this pollen exacerbate allergy and asthma problems for such individuals who are prone to those health issues?

Hey, here in Green Bay we are under an "Air Quality Alert" because the winds are so light and the air so cold, the sinking and stagnant cold air is "holding" (actually trapping) minute pollutant particles (combustion particles from furnaces and vehicles) in the air. Not good for those with asthma or breathing difficulties.

You in Florida have pollen; we in Wisconsin have cold-air pollution.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I am no expert I think Maple trees...River birch...bayberry...blueberry oak trees....we do live near the ocean and its been windy here..Pollen is one of the most common causes of allergies...yes it does stick to the car...the day the car was covered I drove 50 miles and when I was back home the pollen was still there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    maurofc70:
    Not sure what the "Can You Believe" thread title is referencing; the excess pollen in Florida you are experiencing OR the unresolved engine shut-off problem with your Toyota.
    What model Toyota do you drive and does it have the auto engine shut-off/restart feature when you come to a complete stop?? Have you reported your problem to the federal National Highway Traffic Safety Administration?? https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/Complaint.cfm
    I have a 2019 Camry se...is does not have the automatic shut off....the car is at the dealer now...but they don`t know when it will be fixed...the loaner they gave me is a 2020 Highlander
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Right now the main source of pollen in my area is from pine trees
    In a month or so it will be from Oaks

Its REALLY BAD here from Late winter to late spring

REALLY BAD

Post Thanks / Like

AHHH, the "joys" of living in a southern state with a warm, ocean-influenced climate. if it isn`t pollen, it`s bugs (love bugs?). If it isn`t bugs, its thunderstorms, tornadoes, and hurricanes/tropical storms, regardless of its strength Category.

It`s kinda difficult to imagine pollen being "REALLY BAD", especially when emphasized twice. Our`s in Wisconsin is cottonwood dander (seedlings). It is horrid. Looks like cotton EVERYWHERE and it plugs the cooling fins of air conditioning units because they act like outdoor vacuums, enough to cause them to overheat if not cleared. In my neighborhood we have Linden trees (Basswood family) that drop seeds pods and leaves starting in mid-June and sap that sticks like glue if you park under them. Fortunately it is water-soluble, but does require a higher car wash soap ratio to effectively remove it. If it rains on a sap-laden vehicle, the mess is like maple syrup poured over your vehicle.

AHHH, the "joys" of living in a true four-season Midwest climate. If it isn`t de-icing salt Road Traffic Film, it`s bugs (bay flies and grasshoppers). If it isn`t bugs, it tree sap. if it isn`t tree sap, it`s hail damage from sever thunderstorms. If it isn`t hail, it`s drunk drivers. (Wisconsin has the notorious distinction of the most bars per capita AND the state with the highest binge-drinking rate per individual in the United States. ONLY state in the union where multiple drunk driving convictions is NOT a felony. In Green Bay recently a 72-year old man ran into an electrical pole with his vehicle. Upon police arriving and investigating the accident, he was charged with driving while intoxicated (OWI). It was his 18th OWI citation. No valid driver`s license (revoked in 2011!) and no vehicle insurance as well)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Not looking forward to pollen season here when it hits. Fortunately everything is still thawing out from the snow and there is more expected next week. Temps in the low 40`s and colder will keep the trees on hold for a while.

When it hits us it`s the maples, oaks, ash, birch, etc. Just about every tree start producing pollen. When the flowering decorative trees start blooming it gets even worse!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information