Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard of coating counter tops?

I have heard of someone covering their quartz with some sort of covering like PPF, to give it a different look. I wish I could give more info. but that`s all I know. The lady was reluctant to tell me anything other what I just mentioned she was his first person/customer he tried it on. I can`t imagine it being very durable if it isn`t a stone like product. I am waiting to ask her in a month or so about durability because a film is plastic and will scratch real easy.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone heard of coating counter tops?

I had some CK UK 3.0 leftover once so I coated my granite countertop. It was great for about a week, but that`s all the durability I got from it. Please report back with the results of PPF, I can`t imagine it lasting long but I`m curious what happens.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

another cool thing to do is coat the inside of your wash and rinse buckets to keep them clean and to have them rinse out easy after washing

I have coated a quartz and marble or granite in my home it may have some benefits. The quartz is in kitchen it was good because the liquid didn’t get absorbed into it as much. In my down stair I have either marble or granite like a small bar area this application when a little different a lot of the liquid absorbed into it. I did the same thing I had some leftovers and did it.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    I have heard of someone covering their quartz with some sort of covering like PPF, to give it a different look. I wish I could give more info. but that`s all I know. The lady was reluctant to tell me anything other what I just mentioned she was his first person/customer he tried it on. I can`t imagine it being very durable if it isn`t a stone like product. I am waiting to ask her in a month or so about durability because a film is plastic and will scratch real easy.
    Not to mention the smell of plastic burning when you accidently set a hot pot on the ppf... And now, it is ruined... Where IS that Trivet when you need it???

Dan F

Thread Information