Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The UnderWasher

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The UnderWasher

Based on the pictures I found on their site it appears as though this is PVC piping with hole drilled in it ? Is that the case?

Can you give us some better pictures and info as far as the size of the piping and the holes/ sprayer sizes etc.

I am wondering if I could make myself a version.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard one could do so, but till you bought everything needed, you would not be ahead on cost much at all.

Found a old link on AG of a homemade one. Sadly pics are missing.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...re-washer.html

Another one with detailed instructions...

https://youtu.be/a2iMtVYMw9I?t=21
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Is the UNDERWASHER the real deal? YOU BETCHA...One of the best detailing tools i have gotten. If you don`t have a pressure washer, and are working with a standard hose, this is the way to go. BUY ONE!
    Ah, great! So glad it worked well for you!

Me being me, i looked under the truck when i was done. I was amazed how clean this tool really did get the undercarriage after weeks of salt, dirt and snow.
    Now you can use that as a prewash before getting under there with the brushes/etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the UNDERWASHER the real deal? YOU BETCHA. Finally got to use this unique tool. I did not pre-soak the undercarriage with any APC first. I wanted to see how the underwasher did solo. Pressure was great. Using the tool was really easy. Moves back & forth with little effort. Shut off valve is nice. Just make sure to turn it off when you move it out from the vehicle, or you will get wet. The standard was perfect for me. More than enough reach under the truck. Me being me, i looked under the truck when i was done. I was amazed how clean this tool really did get the undercarriage after weeks of salt, dirt and snow. One of the best detailing tools i have gotten. If you don`t have a pressure washer, and are working with a standard hose, this is the way to go. BUY ONE!
    I am considering getting one, looks like it will fit the bill. Did you also buy the cleaner that they have on that site?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    I am considering getting one, looks like it will fit the bill. Did you also buy the cleaner that they have on that site?
    I think pro 4x used his own APC. I bought the wheelie version and the Salt-away kit. I love the tool and the Salt-away cleaner/dilution attachment. I don’t know that the wheels are necessary or helpful for undercarriage due to the natural action of swinging left and right to cover the full underside.

I rinsed with water, some gross dirt and salt mix dripped to the ground. Then Ivused the Salt-away diluted by the attachment and tons of disgusting filth came down. Therefore, as expected, some sort of cleaner is useful. Whether you want to invest in the Salt-away kit or just pre-spray some cleaner, I would recommend doing so. All I can vouch for is that the Salt-away worked great and the flood of dirty salt water that came off my undercarriage with zero scrubbing was impressive.
    Likes bob m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I did not buy the cleaner/kit. Figure pre soaking with a good APC should yield good results. Going to try this method this weekend.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I did not buy the cleaner/kit. Figure pre soaking with a good APC should yield good results. Going to try this method this weekend.
    After a few goes you can probably switch to a (pretty strong) regular shampoo mix. I`ve haven`t needed anything stronger for years now, just had to get it nice enough and then it was easy to keep it that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I think pro 4x used his own APC. I bought the wheelie version and the Salt-away kit. I love the tool and the Salt-away cleaner/dilution attachment. I don’t know that the wheels are necessary or helpful for undercarriage due to the natural action of swinging left and right to cover the full underside.

I rinsed with water, some gross dirt and salt mix dripped to the ground. Then Ivused the Salt-away diluted by the attachment and tons of disgusting filth came down. Therefore, as expected, some sort of cleaner is useful. Whether you want to invest in the Salt-away kit or just pre-spray some cleaner, I would recommend doing so. All I can vouch for is that the Salt-away worked great and the flood of dirty salt water that came off my undercarriage with zero scrubbing was impressive.
    Thanks, sounds good. I`m going to order this set-up today.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. Thanks. Be interesting to see the difference using the APC. One thing kinda weird on their website is that I don`t see a cart are where you can add multiple products for your order. I`m only seeing one item at a time per order. Then again, it could be me.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Sounds good. Thanks. Be interesting to see the difference using the APC. One thing kinda weird on their website is that I don`t see a cart are where you can add multiple products for your order. I`m only seeing one item at a time per order. Then again, it could be me.....
    No, you’re right. I had emailed them about combining/overlapping shipping but they didn’t respond despite responding to other questions. When it arrived I saw the carrier price on each (USPS I think?) and it was exactly or very close to the price I paid for shipping. So I imagine they just charge what the shipping costs for each.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    No, you’re right. I had emailed them about combining/overlapping shipping but they didn’t respond despite responding to other questions. When it arrived I saw the carrier price on each (USPS I think?) and it was exactly or very close to the price I paid for shipping. So I imagine they just charge what the shipping costs for each.
    Thanks - thought it might have been a computer glitch on my end. They didn`t respond to my email either and having owned a small business until recently, I`m a bit more sensitive about companies that have email only contact info, but that`s just me. Also, it`s a very simple thing to have a cart that allows for multiple items to be added, in fact I have never seen a website that does not allow for that. I think they would offer everyone a better buying experience - including themselves, to place all the items in one box and ship it together. Having been a shipper at home and with my fulfillment center, I cant figure that one out. There ya go, totally unsolicited advice......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information