Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Autopia Store\service

Anybody work customer service at the store anymore? Ordered a week ago, card charged, and haven’t received a shipping notice. Usually this place ships quick (and I get my stuff in two days since I’m close).

nothing… sent email to ask Monday for an eta on shipping.
    sent another today to sales and customer service and doesn’t seem like anyone answers them anymore .
    guess I’ll have to make time tomorrow for a phone call or just cancel my order. Everything I ordered was in stock so the website said.

anyone else having trouble? Anyone ordered anytime recently?
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autopia Store\service

Quote Originally Posted by RicocheT View Post
    Anybody work customer service at the store anymore? Ordered a week ago, card charged, and haven’t received a shipping notice. Usually this place ships quick (and I get my stuff in two days since I’m close).

nothing… sent email to ask Monday for an eta on shipping.
    sent another today to sales and customer service and doesn’t seem like anyone answers them anymore .
    guess I’ll have to make time tomorrow for a phone call or just cancel my order. Everything I ordered was in stock so the website said.

anyone else having trouble? Anyone ordered anytime recently?
    There’s a thread in mishaps going on sister site. I ordered a polisher a couple weeks ago and got it fine. I heard there maybe moving warehouses so that may be delay. Be nice if they posted about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Moving again? Didn`t they just move a year ago or something? Or does it just seem like a year ago and it`s actually 3?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Moving again? Didn`t they just move a year ago or something? Or does it just seem like a year ago and it`s actually 3?
    I know they moved out of old building because now Mckee’s is back in it. Something that was said on AG so not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    There’s a thread in mishaps going on sister site. I ordered a polisher a couple weeks ago and got it fine. I heard there maybe moving warehouses so that may be delay. Be nice if they posted about it

answering emails would be great as well. Guess I’ll see if they answer the phone sometime today.
    I’ll check out the AG thread in a bit. Kicking myself now since I order from there also and probably would have gotten what I need by now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RicocheT View Post
    I’ll check out the AG thread in a bit. Kicking myself now since I order from there also and probably would have gotten what I need by now.
    Um...they are the same company. If one of them is moving both of them are moving. It was a year and a half ago when they moved, so I`d be surprised they are moving again unless they seriously under/overestimated their space requirements. But I did see in that "AG sales" thread where someone mentioned they were told on the phone about "switching to another warehouse".

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a much bigger move. In the thread at AG customer service has told some folks they are moving the warehouse from Florida to Texas. As a result some orders are being "lost". Speculation of everything being out of stock over there as well centers around letting inventory get low so there is less to move.

No telling where the truth lies.

As for the OPs issue, as good as PBMG (ie. Autopia and AG) customer service once was, using e-mail for me has been hit/miss. In a couple instances, I never got a response, but got an updated invoice. My latest experience actually worked when an item was out of stock and I ended up canceling my order. Overall, calling was always the safe bet.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I think this is a much bigger move. In the thread at AG customer service has told some folks they are moving the warehouse from Florida to Texas. As a result some orders are being "lost". Speculation of everything being out of stock over there as well centers around letting inventory get low so there is less to move.
    Well, that is a big deal, then. If it`s just the "fulfillment center" being moved to somewhere else, that may only be a temporary disruption, but if the entire operation is moving...that is going to be personnel disruption as well, with perhaps the loss of some key employees. I just went further back in that thread to see what you were talking about, that someone got a shipment from Texas. It could just be that something was out of stock and they arranged to have it shipped from the mfr. or another wholesaler, but of course I`m just speculating. Certainly was a lot of naysaying in that thread. I don`t look at AGO too often anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered from the sister site, mainly because they had stuff on sale that I wanted, and I wanted to use up my points. When I got the shipping notice, the origin was Texas.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I found out part of what is going on, Meghan isn`t there anymore.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This kind of stuff makes me question my next order. It’s time for my early spring restock order for stuff and normally I use AG/ACC for stuff that they stock and others don’t.

But if I can’t count on my stuff being in stock if it says it is and then being processed in at least a reasonable timeframe then I might have to look elsewhere. In my spring order I normally hit the free shipping threshold so there is that to factor in as well.

I could always use the Amzn, but in comparing them I would be paying a premium there which doesn’t make sense when looking to keep prices the same or lower.

I have been noticing as the forums die down and their customer service not participating or monitoring them the overall sales side is appearing to go downhill as well. moving warehouses is not really a good reason for not having customer service if it’s part of you offering. But a note saying orders will be delayed x amount of time based on that info would go a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Well, I found out part of what is going on, Meghan isn`t there anymore.
    I remember her farewell thread from December, moved on to new things…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently a lot of things have been going on lately that I wasn`t aware of, familiar names moving around.
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    I remember her farewell thread from December, moved on to new things…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Wonder if they’ll get the whole band back together and get her to autoforge.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, now I know who "Meghan" is.
    Far more than just a customer service rep.

Desernate:
    LOVE your quip, "No telling were the truth lies". That has got to be THE best oxymoron/pun when I first read it.
    However once I got over the self-prescribed joviality of it, that statement tells me a a lot about the "transparency", or lack thereof, by the Palm Beach Motoring Group (PBMG).

I wish someone "official" from the PBMG or its affiliates would inform us Autopians what exact IS happening.
    It`s unfortunate that it takes a post in this forum by fellow Autopian member about delayed order from the Autopian Store and the ensuing discussion to inform us for the news of this move and the personnel changes.
    Nothing new posted in the "Forum News,Updates, & Feedback" tab in this forum. (My "THANK YOU from Captain Obvious" is the most recent post there)
    Maybe it could be construed as "it`s none of my business", "you`re not the owner", "you`re not an Autopia Forum admin".
    All true statements, but I am more "disappointed" than "upset". There is some degree of trust that must be displayed by the PBMG.
    Many of you are aware that I have doggedly tried to advocate for the continued existence of this Autopia Forum and the only way that can be done is to financially support the Autopia Store by buying your detailing products as much as possible from the Autopia Store. Let`s be honest; the factors that we (I) base our (my) purchasing of detailing products on are:
    1) Availability (being in stock, at least in today`s online market of "supply chain issues")
    2) Wide selection of a specific name brands/manufacturers for various detailing tasks (Yes, you cannot stock everything for everybody; I get it! BUT I prefer one-stop shopping from a single source for larger orders with free or reduced shipping cost)
    3) Competitive Pricing
    4) Delivery/shipping times
    5) Customer Service handling problems, returns, or questions.
    6) Customer loyalty rewards/discounts for future/repeat orders
    7) Easiness to navigate the website and place orders AND its customer security or NOT selling my personal information to third parties (Actually READ their Terms/Conditions Notice/Contract for sales)

Now how PBMG and the Autopia Store lives up to fulfilling these factors with this move to Texas remains to be seen. You know as well as I do, to be a successful online store requires the right personnel/employees/associates to make that happen. The personal relationships and interactions you have with them concerning your product order(s) are paramount to that success. I am just "disappointed" that Meghan left the Autopia Store , for what ever reason and whomever fills that position will have some big shoes to fill. She will be sorely missed for all that she has done for this forum and its detailing members, and without a doubt many of you can personally attest to that statement.

Trust and loyalty are eared, not given. (Is it any wonder you call yourself Captain Obvious!)
    GB detailer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information