Post Thanks / Like

Detailing in this unsettled times...

I have found it to be a big stress reliver in these unsettled times. Good to know after a long week of work (yes,still working) i can still go outside on the weekend and enjoy my hobby. Kind of keeps the mind grounded. PA is currently under a shelter in place. Most places are closed. The drive home from work at night is erie. No one out and about. Grocery shopping is weird. First time i wore mask to shop. I really hope and pray this ends soon. Everyone be safe.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing in this unsettled times...

Glad you see it that way! If this is stressing you, anything healthy that helps with that is good and you`re getting something productive done too

Sounds like you have to go in to Work rather than being able to work from home, too bad you can`t just stay home and safely away from others.

Post Thanks / Like

PA Detailer:
    Consider yourself fortunate to be working. My better half is not as a receptionist in a dental office.

While any hobby is is suppose to be a stress relieve, many outdoor team-sports activities have been shut down, which many consider a "hobby", or worse, getting products or materials for their particular hobby is not possible due to the retail stores being closed as "non-essential"businesses (like Hobby Lobby! Not some cannot sew fabric masks if sewing was a hobby).
    The public parks at all levels (state, county, and municipal) are closed.

One thing I do see locally? People walking but avoiding contact with anyone by purposely walking to the other side of the street to do so! You are right, it is weird. Practicing "Social Distancing" (SD) is really difficult at the stores that are open and this is getting worse as these store try to enforce this SD with less people allowed into the remaining open stores. It is not going to be a pretty picture when lines start forming for buying necessary items needed for day-to-day living outside these stores OR these items become limited in quantity to purchase (AKA rationed) OR totally unavailable in the near future.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    The drive home from work at night is erie.
    As a recently former Pennsylvanian, your -- I`m guessing unintended -- pun made me laugh out loud. Literally. Boy, was that needed! I went to college about 30-40 min south, and went to Erie countless times...

Gordon
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- IMO you and your wife might be lucky she`s off, receptionists can come into contact with a lot of people.

Thread Information