Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Magazines with detailing advice

Looking at subscribing to either motortrend or car and driver.
    Does either one have better detailing articles / how-to`s ?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magazines with detailing advice

I have never seen a Detailing article in either of those magazines..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Nor have I...
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

There is a supply company in Pittsburgh that had detailing magazines you can purchase. Pm me for the name.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve read enough detailing articles in C&D, Motor Trend, Hot Rod etc. over the years to know that one day spent using the search button of a good forum like this one is far, far superior to anything you can find on the newsstand.

Bill
    Likes Stokdgs, bad penny, JRW67, BillE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jack View Post
    I`ve read enough detailing articles in C&D, Motor Trend, Hot Rod etc. over the years to know that one day spent using the search button of a good forum like this one is far, far superior to anything you can find on the newsstand.

Bill
    Same experience here. I`ve read a scad of Detailing articles over the years, but can`t recall a single one that I`d ever recommend/refer to. Never.

Which disappoints me as I`d enjoy reading one that didn`t leave me shaking my head and grinding my teeth. Any more I just scan such reads so they don`t bug me too much.

Post Thanks / Like

We did a good detailing article for grassroots motor sports magazine.
    If you don`t get that magazine, yoireisding out on the best magazine in the car world.

Post Thanks / Like

Stick to this forum or Autogeek for advice and knowledge. You won`t get much from either of those magazines in terms of detailing.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Stokdgs, JRW67 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Professional Car Wash magazine and Auto Laundry News both have articles dedicated to detail.
    Only thing is they are directed for the most part at volume operations not DYI`s
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like

There`s a good British based magazine... great bunch of guys - https://pro-valets.co.uk/about-magazine/

Post Thanks / Like

This is the best place for detailing advice. Great mix of pros and higher end DIY ers.

If you really want to take it to the next level do to Mikes hands on class. I did not but was lucky enough to have a pro train me. Dave from street dreams detail left the industry. He was my mentor despite my being old enough to be his dad. Most important thing he taught me was patience and not to accept less from yourself than you are capable of.

Hard working great guy. He was an awesome teacher a a demonstrator

Post Thanks / Like

Professional detailing magazine, from the Pittsburgh guy, just google it. The carwash magazines are all about get it in and get it out cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

What is a "Magazine"? Does it come in a VHS or Sony-Beta format?

My car magazine "Automobile" ran minimal detailing articles in the spring in conjunction with advertised car-care products. But alas, it is no longer being published. I am really sad to see that hard-copy printed media, like magazines and newspapers and even books, are being discontinued. It is the economically driven digital era we live in. The Gutenburg printing press has been replaced by Google and Alexia!

Both of the car magazines mentioned "Car and Driver" and "Motor Trend" are new-car spec`d oriented, with the occasional old or vintage car comparison. I liked them, but they are about how cars are engineered and assembled and features they have and how they drive. They may have the occasional articles about how to take car of them, like info about synthetic oils or where to repair them, like specialty shops, but nothing in great detail.
    When "trucks" started winning Car of The Year (COTY) awards with Motor Trend, I gave it up. Nothin` against trucks, but I am a car owner. Like I said, if you subscribe to them, chances are they will no longer be in print in the not too distant future. I loved "Automobile" magazine and was one of the initial subscribers when it first came out. It had recently changed its format to a larger paper size, but then it was published every other month. So I got 3/4 of the car articles as I did before: larger magazine size ,but not as often! That should have been the hand-writing on the wall that this magazine was in decline. I still get "Autoweek" but it comes every other week.. go figure!!!

I will say, though, that this forum and you fellow Autopians have greatly enhanced my detailing hobby and I cannot thank all of you enough for answering my many pleas for detailing suggestions of products and methodologies. This forum is THE place for detailing product and equipment news and information and discussions about them. And if you are reading this, you probably already know that.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Sun King Publishing has 2 magazines, newspaper or used to. I believe 1 of them is Mobile Tech News. It`s geared more towards professional car wash industries but it sometimes have detailing articles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    What is a "Magazine"?... if you subscribe to them, chances are they will no longer be in print in the not too distant future..
    If it really does come to that, I`ll probably just quit reading about cars for the most part.

I still get "Autoweek" but it comes every other week.. go figure!!!
    Do you still get it? AFAIK they went all-digital a while back (haven`t followed them since). They haven`t sent me an issue since their "Last Print Issue" and that was a while ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information