Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noisy door seals?

I’ve always heard good things with the Gummi Pflege stuff, though I’ve never used it.

When I was working at the Audi dealership, they had us use silicone spray (if memory serves, it was Castle Big 5) you’d spray it into a towel then wipe the seals down). As Accumulator mentioned, you could use it even on the felts that contact the window and it wouldn’t streak after it had dried. Disclaimer: Not sure if that was Audi’s official stance, but it had become standard practice for everyone in the shop. Never saw an ill effect from it.

I’ll +1 Rasky’s Honda ShinEtsu. I’ve used that on my wife’s window tracks/seals on her civic at the time, and it was easy/clean to use. Since then I’ve used it to lube sunroof seals on cars at work to get rid of chatter.
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Onehadlite- I`m surprised that the Silicone Spray didn`t streak up the glass (after drying), but I`ve been surprised before and if it works, it works

FWIW, my Audi dealer uses Wurth`s Rubber Care in the aerosol cans (not on my vehicles though ).
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    I’ll +1 Rasky’s Honda ShinEtsu. I’ve used that on my wife’s window tracks/seals on her civic at the time, and it was easy/clean to use. Since then I’ve used it to lube sunroof seals on cars at work to get rid of chatter.
    Thank you, Oneheadlite, for this excellent suggestion. Sunroof seals take a heat-and-UV-beating on the roof of any vehicle.
    Can you purchase this lube at a Honda dealer`s part department? Just curious for someone (me, in particular) who buys car-care products over-the-counter (OTC) .
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Thank you, Oneheadlite, for this excellent suggestion. Sunroof seals take a heat-and-UV-beating on the roof of any vehicle.
    Can you purchase this lube at a Honda dealer`s part department? Just curious for someone (me, in particular) who buys car-care products over-the-counter (OTC) .
    Yes`m, that`s where I got it. Honda Part number 09798-9013. If memory serves, I think I had read this was their product to address targa top chatter on NSX`s.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what it`s made of but is WD-40 3-in-one RV Care Rubber Conditioner safe to use? No where on the can or web site does it mention Auto use, only RV`s, bought it at Walmart...

Post Thanks / Like

Just did this Sunday. I make it part of my detail.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker View Post
    Not sure what it`s made of but is WD-40 3-in-one RV Care Rubber Conditioner safe to use? No where on the can or web site does it mention Auto use, only RV`s, bought it at Walmart...
    Looking at the spec`s from their site and SDS sheets it looks like it should be safe to use. But I would test a small area first.

Personally I have used: 303 Aerospace, Meguiars #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner / Conditioner, Nextzett Rubber Care Stick Gummi Pflege.

I prefer the 303 or #40 just for ease of use. The Gummi Pflege works well but its not as handy as I anticipated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I prefer the 303 or #40 just for ease of use. The Gummi Pflege works well but its not as handy as I anticipated.
    While I don`t share TroyScherer`s appreciation for 303 or M40, I agree that the 1Z/NextZ and Wurth Gummi Pflege "sticks" aren`t as handy as one might expect. Using the stick`s foam head applicator will usually result in awful staining of same (at least eventually) and it`s not really the right size much of the time. So as with products like 303/M40, I use something else to apply the stuff in those sticks too. Swabs and disposable touchup brushes work well for tight spots and thin bits.

Not that I use such products nearly as much as some people seem to...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the 1Z applicator tip is not up to the job. With the 1Z Gummi Pfledge I pulled the foam tip off. I squeeze some out the nozzle into a folded corner of a MF and then use that moistened MF corner to wipe onto the rubber seals. I swear that this stuff makes the seals `puff up` or swell. I don`t see 303 or M40 doing that. I do use 303 though when I don`t have enough time to apply the 1Z properly.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I agree that the 1Z applicator tip is not up to the job.. I swear that this stuff makes the seals `puff up` or swell. I don`t see 303 or M40 doing that. .
    Huh, I`ve never noticed that! Sounds good though

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I used Gummi Pfledge many years ago I think it had a deodorant-like roller ball. It applied much better than the liquid shoe-polish like tip we have today.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    The first time I used Gummi Pfledge many years ago I think it had a deodorant-like roller ball. It applied much better than the liquid shoe-polish like tip we have today.
    Hey, that`s interesting! I wasn`t using it back then (gee, sorta surprising, huh?), never saw the roller ball. I bet that cost a bundle compared to a little bit of foam and the central plunger that they use now. Sorta doubt that I`d like it as well..sounds harder to transfer to my (actual) application medium.

Post Thanks / Like

I found it would put the product down easier than the foam thing we have today, but it did put product down pretty think. I would apply short lines of product around the desired area and then simply use a rag to spread it around evenly.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Looking at the spec`s from their site and SDS sheets it looks like it should be safe to use. But I would test a small area first.

Personally I have used: 303 Aerospace, Meguiars #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner / Conditioner, Nextzett Rubber Care Stick Gummi Pflege.

Thanks for that, I`m going to call them and see why no reference to the much larger auto market...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker View Post
    This is from the SDS sheet.

Product Name: 3-IN-ONE® RVcare Rubber SealConditionerProduct Use: LubricantRestrictions on Use: None identifiedSDS Date Of Preparation: July 19, 2018

- Composition/Information on IngredientsIngredient CAS # Weight Percent US Hazcom 2012/ GHSClassificationLVP Petroleum Solvent 64742-47-8 85-95 Aspiration Toxicity Category 1Poly(dimethylsiloxane) 63148-62-9 1-5 Not HazardousCarbon Dioxide 124-38-9 <5% Simple AsphyxiantGas Under Pressure:Compressed GasAdditive Proprietary <3% Specific Target Organ ToxicityRepeated Exposure Category 2Note: The exact percentages are a trade secret

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information