Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Airplane pricing?

Looked at the aircraft yesterday. It`s a Falcon 900, big plane, very nice.

Exterior. Upon inspection of the exterior it had some dust on the wings, water spots on the underside, sides of the fuselage were clean. Wheel wells were not bad, he said his maintenance guy takes care of most of that. Pilot explained this is condition it will be about 90% of the time when I clean it. There were some exhaust streaks the previous contractor "tried" to clean but failed, this irritates him and the owner. He told me what they were paying, I think I can do it for the same amount.
    I did a test spot on the brightwork, it had some tarnish on the face, (looks terrible) he was pleased with what I did in a couple minutes. They were having it polished every 6 months, I`m going to put a package together for exterior wipe down, and brightwork maintenance I think they will like. The main theme/vibe I got from the pilot is the owner likes shiny, cool things, what a coincidence so do I.

Interior. Very nice, white leather, mahogany veneer, light colored fabric. He cleans as part of his post flight inspection. My duty would be no crumb, dirt, dust is left behind. I would need to polish woodwork, clean mirrors, condition leather, remove stains from fabric, vacuum, dust cockpit, and clean computer screens if I want.

For me the money is one thing, but I`m really interested in the challenge. I like to push myself, many times farther than I should.

Having trouble uploading pics, will post as soon as I can.
    facebook.com/Angermayers-Auto-Detail-Wash
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapyard View Post
    Looked at the aircraft yesterday. It`s a Falcon 900, big plane, very nice.

Exterior. Upon inspection of the exterior it had some dust on the wings, water spots on the underside, sides of the fuselage were clean. Wheel wells were not bad, he said his maintenance guy takes care of most of that. Pilot explained this is condition it will be about 90% of the time when I clean it. There were some exhaust streaks the previous contractor "tried" to clean but failed, this irritates him and the owner. He told me what they were paying, I think I can do it for the same amount.
    I did a test spot on the brightwork, it had some tarnish on the face, (looks terrible) he was pleased with what I did in a couple minutes. They were having it polished every 6 months, I`m going to put a package together for exterior wipe down, and brightwork maintenance I think they will like. The main theme/vibe I got from the pilot is the owner likes shiny, cool things, what a coincidence so do I.

Interior. Very nice, white leather, mahogany veneer, light colored fabric. He cleans as part of his post flight inspection. My duty would be no crumb, dirt, dust is left behind. I would need to polish woodwork, clean mirrors, condition leather, remove stains from fabric, vacuum, dust cockpit, and clean computer screens if I want.

For me the money is one thing, but I`m really interested in the challenge. I like to push myself, many times farther than I should.

Having trouble uploading pics, will post as soon as I can.
    Scrapyard -
    Glad you got to see the jet in the hangar..

Here is a link to one that got a paint job -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoC6GtV5mgQ

Really pretty jet ! It has a LOT of real estate that has to be touched on the outside alone..

Now, I`m having trouble understanding something - you said they had it ceramic coated, then, you say after looking at it, there is tarnish on the brighwork. Wouldn`t the ceramic coating be on the brightwork also ?? Did you remove the tarnish and the ceramic coating ??

I would only use Nextzett Cockpit Premium on all the Interior screens, gauges, with a very soft, absorbent microfiber that had been thoroughly inspected to not have anything "extra" stuck in the fibers that would scratch..

Was the link to pricing I sent you close to what they are already paying for the less than adequate work they were getting ??

Don`t forget to really factor in the huge amount of Supplies that will be needed to maintain this.. Gallons of things, way more pads, towels, etc., than you can ever imagine using..

Prepare yourself for a LOT of repetitive arm/shoulder/upper body/ motions that will indeed take their toll on most people unless they are already in pretty good shape..

I hope it all works out for you and in addition to this, project, you will get to see the other very nice vehicles that are around !

Dan F
    Likes Scrapyard liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Scrapyard -
    Glad you got to see the jet in the hangar..

Here is a link to one that got a paint job -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoC6GtV5mgQ

Really pretty jet ! It has a LOT of real estate that has to be touched on the outside alone..

Now, I`m having trouble understanding something - you said they had it ceramic coated, then, you say after looking at it, there is tarnish on the brighwork. Wouldn`t the ceramic coating be on the brightwork also ?? Did you remove the tarnish and the ceramic coating ??

I would only use Nextzett Cockpit Premium on all the Interior screens, gauges, with a very soft, absorbent microfiber that had been thoroughly inspected to not have anything "extra" stuck in the fibers that would scratch..

Was the link to pricing I sent you close to what they are already paying for the less than adequate work they were getting ??

Don`t forget to really factor in the huge amount of Supplies that will be needed to maintain this.. Gallons of things, way more pads, towels, etc., than you can ever imagine using..

Prepare yourself for a LOT of repetitive arm/shoulder/upper body/ motions that will indeed take their toll on most people unless they are already in pretty good shape..

I hope it all works out for you and in addition to this, project, you will get to see the other very nice vehicles that are around !

Dan F
    Thanks Dan,
    There didn`t appear to be any coating on the brightwork, the face is pretty hazy, but it polished up pretty good. I could tell the paint had a coating, the small amount of dirt on the belly would wipe off easily. The exterior is all white as well, which is good for me.
    That`s a great video you linked, if I could work that fast it would be no problem, maybe an extra cup of coffee?

As far as pricing, the link you gave me was right where they were at. I think i`ll probably be in the same ballpark.

Thanks for the tip on the cockpit screens, I don`t foresee needing a lot of product on the rest of the cabin, the owners are pretty conscientious about being clean, and not eating or drinking anything dark in color.

I guess my biggest question now is what to use on the exterior clear coat to clean and perhaps enhance the shine. I`m challenging myself to tackle this. It will probably be the biggest thing I detail, if I enjoy doing it I will pursue to maybe expand into the aircraft industry. The labor side of it doesn`t bother me. My regular job is very labor intensive, so I stay in pretty good shape. Between that and polishing cars on the weekends I regularly work 7 days a week for weeks on end, sometimes going almost 2 months without a day off. I know, I`m a workaholic. My final goal is to have my business thrive and grow to be able to support a comfortable lifestyle, while doing what I enjoy, and I think this may help me get there.
    Last edited by Scrapyard; 01-05-2020 at 04:52 PM. Reason: forgot something

Post Thanks / Like

Airplane pricing?-plane-4.jpg

Interior pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Try using Tapatalk to post pictures.
    Likes Scrapyard liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Ok, I`m not familiar with it, can I use it on my I-phone?

Post Thanks / Like

Pilot tubes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Thanks, I think I have it figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk