Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feedback please. Can this less under 1 year old peeling Xpel Authorized installed PPF be saved or require replacement?

MBi- It`s not just you, sometimes some of the stuff I`m trying to do doesn`t work quite right either...but the Forum does work better than at some points in the past I do "Quick Reply" a lot too...mine seems OK, so maybe a Mod will see that you`re having trouble (if not, give one a shout).

Anyhow, I hope everything turns out OK, keeping my fingers crossed that`s not rust after all.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feedback please. Can this less under 1 year old peeling Xpel Authorized installed PPF be saved or require replacement?

I cant tell for sure but that pic looks like the trunk/back bumper area right?
    If so then that is the bumper cover and cannot be rusting because it is most likely plastic of some sort. No?
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I cant tell for sure but that pic looks like the trunk/back bumper area right?
    If so then that is the bumper cover and cannot be rusting because it is most likely plastic of some sort. No?
    Good point...I revisited that particular pic.

If it is rust, apparent rust stain on the plastic bumper cover would be bleed-down from the adjacent panel. IF it`s just that, or some other kind of contamination, the right product oughta sort it out. IF that`s the case, it`s a lot of contamination getting under the PPF though..not good either way, but maybe not all *that* bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick question for you guys. If the cut is indeed in the paint/ clear would it be reasonable to ask the business to pay for another shop to try to fix damage and a refund for the PPF install, have it stripped and redone elsewhere as if they damaged the cars paint/ clear I don`t feel comfortable having them work on it?

Post Thanks / Like

MBi- Theoretically, yes. Practically...cross your fingers that you get any traction with that idea. This sort of thing brings out the, uhm...[self-serving jerk] in a lot of people.

But FWIW, I`d never let those [individuals] touch *my* vehicles again! Yeah, easy for me to expend your resources, but the work they did speaks volumes, all bad news. I doubt it`ll be a case of "OK, this time we`ll let our competent employee work on it and ensure that he does an OK job".

Hope for best, plan on worst comes to mind.

Gee, I`m a real ray of sunshine, huh?
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Given the shakiness of the "custom" install and cutting on the car, I wouldn`t be the least bit surprised if they cut the paint in a lot of areas. Lifting in some areas can happen to even the best installers, but not all over the car like this. I see a lot of issues with the install. They should be able to trim back some areas but several of them will need to be replaced.

Where are you located?
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Close to Queens. Yes this will be hard to negotiate and deal with.
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBi View Post
    Quick question for you guys. If the cut is indeed in the paint/ clear would it be reasonable to ask the business to pay for another shop to try to fix damage and a refund for the PPF install, have it stripped and redone elsewhere as if they damaged the cars paint/ clear I don`t feel comfortable having them work on it?
    One thing for sure is Id leave reviews on google with pictures. Wont fix your issues but hopefully will save someone else from going through this. Hopefully cost them business with that shoddy work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes MBi liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information