Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Stokdgs Gone Missing?

Haven’t seen Dan around for quite a while. Anyone heard from him?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes SWETM, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stokdgs Gone Missing?

Good question! It says his last activity was 10/25/19. Hope he`s ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully he is just taking a short vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan got back to me last night. He’s fine just taking an internet break.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks Coleroad, SGM2008 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Dan got back to me last night. He’s fine just taking an internet break.
    Glad to hear that, thanks for letting us know.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would really miss his detailing expertise and product and equipment recommendations, PLUS his encouragement to others (and myself) during life`s hard times and heath issues we all go through. Glad someone took the time to find out about him.

That is one aspect of this forum that I REALLY appreciate from fellow Autopians: they care about you, even though most of us have never met face-to-face. Granted, we share a common hobby/interest/profession in detailing, but at least the moderators and owners of this forum have seen fit to allow its members an internet social media to converse textually on such matters. I know a number of you contribute replies and comments on a frequent basis, which I would call "regulars" and I think we all know who they are, and it is great that you take the time and interest to do so.

That said, I have commented and written to the moderators about keeping this forum a detailing-centered forum. My particular angst and "beef" is with the wide variety of subject matters in the Hot Tub and what is considered "appropriate" for a detailing forum. While I have my own judgments about some topic and subject matters, I have come to the conclusion that if it is there and you do not like it, don`t read it! Or if you find it offensive or out-of-context with a detailing forum, report it to the moderators and let them decide. I hate to be the judge and jury and executor of Free Speech and the First Amendment rights. I am somewhat of a hypocrite (another title for Captain Obvious!!) because I have texted a response in some of the topics I do not think belong in a detailing forum. Sorry to ramble on about this, but it is something that has bothered me for some time.
    GB detailer
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did the moderators respond to you? I know back in my day we would’ve brought up the subject in a regular moderators’ meeting.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

If you just recently contacted a mod, it might take a while for them to notice your message and get back to you. Let us know how you make out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    That said, I have commented and written to the moderators about keeping this forum a detailing-centered forum. My particular angst and "beef" is with the wide variety of subject matters in the Hot Tub and what is considered "appropriate" for a detailing forum...if you find it offensive or out-of-context with a detailing forum, report it to the moderators and let them decide... it is something that has bothered me for some time.
    I`m sure my ears should be burning over that as I`m undoubtedly one of the people who sometimes GOES OFF instead of just contacting a Mod (which I will do when I want, uhm..Official Intervention)
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the mods did get back with me, but it was pretty much what I wrote: don`t like it, don`t read it. Fine with me, now.
    Like I said , I think there enough "safeguards" in this forum, including report a thread or response to the mods. I am not going to get into an argument about what is covered under First Amendment Rights and Freedom of Speech, but I will stand by my wish to make to this forum more detailing-centric. Even if there were no HOT TUB category, members could (and would) still post a variety of topic subjects in ANY category. It was created for non-detailing related topics that happen anyway and could be moved by the mods/admins from other categories to remove that "clutter" and allow members and guest to view and comment in them as they deem necessary.

While a video of someone getting 20 stitches in their hand at the ER as the result of a detailing accident may be a related topic, it`s not in my "particular" gory medical viewing interest. That and posting a tribute to your dead pet who is/was considered a family member (and they are to some, but not to me because I never met the pet dog/cat/bird/rodent/amphibian/farm animal...... THERE`s a touchy subject for the mods!!) You get the idea now of my angst and beefs. (Or Captain Obvious is just getting cranky in his "maturing" years or just a plain ol` SOB! THERE, we have added another title to you!)

My apology to Stokdgs, since this thread topic IS about him not being present in this forum.
    Guess he isn`t missing much, considering my rambling on about "unrelated" detailing topics!!!!!!!!!!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I pretty much agree. I like keeping things detailing-centric too.

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I dunno whether 1st Amendment stuff applies to a privately owned internet forum. IMO it`s up to the owners and they can be however they want about it as long as they`ll accept the consequences (there`re reasons why I don`t post on other Detailing Forums..or many internet forums at all).

Lonnie- As somebody who enjoys pix of things like surgery, and who appreciates what the loss of a pet is to some people (including myself, even though I`d never share such personal stuff on am Internet Forum)....eh, I don`t think you`re an SOB at all.

As you so commendably admitted- if ya don`t like it, don`t click on it. One of those things that`s sometimes easier said than done, huh?!?

BudgetPlan1- Heh heh, I can take your "Like" in various ways...all of which are OK with me I`m pretty predictable when it comes to certain subjects, both on-line and IRL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I pretty much agree. I like keeping things detailing-centric too.
    Unless it`s in the Hot Tub...where we`ve discussed wonderful things like fine timepieces and Health & Fitness. Sorry, sorry..I couldn`t resist...well, OK, could`ve resisted but didn`t.

Post Thanks / Like

I do enjoy the hot tub and wow, it’s been a while since I’ve had a discussion about fine timepieces. I’ll be traveling to NYC in a few weeks and plan to visit a few watch boutiques when I’m there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I’ll be traveling to NYC in a few weeks and plan to visit a few watch boutiques when I’m there.
    Those visits are no surprise Wonder if you`ll find anything you can`t live without...

And here we go all off-topic again Not that I think Stokdgs would mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information