Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electrified pump foamer

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Someone that has already installed a schrader valve to their Ik9 needs to try using this to keep their Ik9 at pressure. I am not willing to sacrifice my Ik9 for something that may not work.
    Nice thing is you don’t have anything to lose by adding a schrader. It’s a one way valve, so even if you don’t run the pump on there the whole time, it doesn’t hurt anything. Just make sure you install it in a position where it won’t bug you during non-pump use. Nice thing is if you have regulated air you can at least prime your sprayer to eliminate the first 30 pumps...

I added a stubby rubber valve stem to a cheap $7 pump up sprayer, poked a hole in the pick up straw, and made a super cheap foamer (I did a thread on it, too lazy to dig at the moment sorry). Haven’t tried leaving a pump hooked up to it yet, but it’s on my list of things to try.

Also: Nice Work Mary! I like the pump holster design. ��
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    From the readings, it seems like one of these small tire inflators could actually do a decent job at inflating the IK Foam Pro 12, I would assume at least twice. The biggest benefit to the 12 over the 9 is the size of the tank, if I have one gallon of solution in both foamers, I can fill the 12 with more air than the 9, thus getting a longer spray time in between pumping intervals. The question is, who wants to spend the money on the IKFP12 and blow more money on one of these inflators, all within a short time period, to satisfy the curious. I personally would like the IKFP12 for the longer spray time, as I suggested^, but as I am a currently a broke college student, again, I do not see me purchasing the 12 until next summer.
    Maybe this is apple to oranges, but if my car tire was flat inflating it to 34psi from a total flat would take like 9 minutes with my 18v Ryobi inflator. If you`re right about it maybe lasting twice for something like an IK 9 or 12, and it takes 5-6 minutes to do it. Doesn`t seem like a good idea at all. I suspect there will be nothing that`ll be small and fast here though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Maybe this is apple to oranges, but if my car tire was flat inflating it to 34psi from a total flat would take like 9 minutes with my 18v Ryobi inflator. If you`re right about it maybe lasting twice for something like an IK 9 or 12, and it takes 5-6 minutes to do it. Doesn`t seem like a good idea at all. I suspect there will be nothing that`ll be small and fast here though.
    Inflating a car tire vs inflating anything else is an apples to apples comparison, when we are inflating something with air, that thing becomes a pressure vessel, as long as its internal pressure is greater than atmospheric pressure, so anything above ~15psi. However the rate of inflation will not be the same as the tire has more volume and lesser pressure than an Ik9 or IKFP12, which has lesser volume and greater pressure. The only way to find out is to run the numbers or someone with an Ik9 or IKFP12 buy one of these little air compressors. My guess would be 5-6 min, like yours, quebert.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez Mary! I love this!!!!

Thanks for posting it. You always seem to post some neat things on here!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information