Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are we cleaning our Microfibers correctly?

I generally buy by price; whatever`s on sale/etc. when I see I`m running low. Then I buy at least a gallon, so when it`s something new-to-me I can be a bit nervous about whether I made a good choice. (Ideally, something I know I like is on sale at just the right time, but, well, you know..)

Lonnie- Of the stuff on your list, I`ve used the Micro-Restore, the CG`s Microfiber Rejuvenator, and PB`s Typhoon.

Of those I liked the M-R the best, zero criticisms. Possibly the best MF Detergent I`ve tried, but pricey.

The CG`s worked fine IIRC, or should I say, I can`t recall any criticisms of it either, but it somehow didn`t stick in my memory either way. If I can say that after going through a gallon of it, it must be OK, but I wish I had a better memory of how it worked. IIRC it took a bit of rinsing, but nothing extreme.

The jury`s still out on the PB`s Typhoon, a rather thick product (basically like a regular Detergent) at least compared to the M-R (which is pretty thin). The last load I did with it, it seemed my Dry Me Crazy towels didn`t get quite as soft as they had been. Certainly they`re still OK, zero marring or other such issues and they soak up liquid just fine, but still.. Plus, it can take a *LOT* of truly extreme rinsing too (at least in soft water) and it sure sudses up the HE washer in a big way. I`m not writing it off yet, certainly no Buyer`s Remorse at this point, but I dunno...can`t recommend it at this point either.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive used 3D Kleen and griots. Griots says to mix with a Free and Clear detergent which I do half and half. Leaves towels softer than 3D and my towels are in great shape. They are 6mo to. 1.5 years old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Ive used 3D Kleen and griots. Griots says to mix with a Free and Clear detergent which I do half and half. Leaves towels softer than 3D and my towels are in great shape. They are 6mo to. 1.5 years old
    I hadn`t heard of the Griot`s Microfiber and Pad Cleaner so I did a little research. It looks like a good booster that can be added to a regular detergent I already own, without adding much additional cost. Thanks for the tip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information