Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are we cleaning our Microfibers correctly?

I generally buy by price; whatever`s on sale/etc. when I see I`m running low. Then I buy at least a gallon, so when it`s something new-to-me I can be a bit nervous about whether I made a good choice. (Ideally, something I know I like is on sale at just the right time, but, well, you know..)

Lonnie- Of the stuff on your list, I`ve used the Micro-Restore, the CG`s Microfiber Rejuvenator, and PB`s Typhoon.

Of those I liked the M-R the best, zero criticisms. Possibly the best MF Detergent I`ve tried, but pricey.

The CG`s worked fine IIRC, or should I say, I can`t recall any criticisms of it either, but it somehow didn`t stick in my memory either way. If I can say that after going through a gallon of it, it must be OK, but I wish I had a better memory of how it worked. IIRC it took a bit of rinsing, but nothing extreme.

The jury`s still out on the PB`s Typhoon, a rather thick product (basically like a regular Detergent) at least compared to the M-R (which is pretty thin). The last load I did with it, it seemed my Dry Me Crazy towels didn`t get quite as soft as they had been. Certainly they`re still OK, zero marring or other such issues and they soak up liquid just fine, but still.. Plus, it can take a *LOT* of truly extreme rinsing too (at least in soft water) and it sure sudses up the HE washer in a big way. I`m not writing it off yet, certainly no Buyer`s Remorse at this point, but I dunno...can`t recommend it at this point either.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive used 3D Kleen and griots. Griots says to mix with a Free and Clear detergent which I do half and half. Leaves towels softer than 3D and my towels are in great shape. They are 6mo to. 1.5 years old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Ive used 3D Kleen and griots. Griots says to mix with a Free and Clear detergent which I do half and half. Leaves towels softer than 3D and my towels are in great shape. They are 6mo to. 1.5 years old
    I hadn`t heard of the Griot`s Microfiber and Pad Cleaner so I did a little research. It looks like a good booster that can be added to a regular detergent I already own, without adding much additional cost. Thanks for the tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Just bumping this old thread... I use those yellow Costco microfiber towels.
    It says right on the label, wash 60 celsius (140 degF) and it`s dryer safe.
    But just for extra caution, I usually either hang dry them, or dry on low temperature.

Post Thanks / Like

DownFlyer- Drying on Low is still how I`m doing it. If I air-dry they just don`t come out as soft and fluffy.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For the sake of an additional bump. I have been included Oxi-Clean to my normal wash of All Free and Clear, I have also added two rinse cycles. The performance of some of my newer towels has been restored, with the exception of towels that I use any type of spray wax or sealant with. But anything with using a QD or weak wax, performance is restored.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the brand new Tide Heavy Duty. If it cleans MFs notably, I’ll be sure to report back. Right now I don’t have any to wash so it might take a while.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

TheMeanGreen- As I believe I`ve posted before, I was surprised (to put it mildly!) how well OxyClean boosts my detergents` performance. The combo of Persil and OxyClean works great on my *household* MFs. But I`m just too paranoid about undissolved particles to try it on my Detailing ones. And I meant "paranoid" literally as I suspect it`s not a truly valid concern, but hey peace-of-mind is worth something too.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- How does the Tide HD compare $-wise with Persil?

Post Thanks / Like

Tide costs more if I remember right. $18 for a 115oz bottle. I just got done chatting with a Tide rep and she seemed confident it will fare well for MFs especially concerning oil stains. We will see how it fares with “detailing stains”.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I`ll be looking forward to your take on its performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Should be at least OK. At the very least I’m happy with how Tide cleans my clothes.

Post Thanks / Like

Tide has a new offering called "10X".
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    TheMeanGreen- As I believe I`ve posted before, I was surprised (to put it mildly!) how well OxyClean boosts my detergents` performance. The combo of Persil and OxyClean works great on my *household* MFs. But I`m just too paranoid about undissolved particles to try it on my Detailing ones. And I meant "paranoid" literally as I suspect it`s not a truly valid concern, but hey peace-of-mind is worth something too.

To calm my thoughts of undissolved Oxi-Clean, I run the really nice towels through two more complete wash cycles without any detergent at all, the wash cycles decrease in time. Third cycle usually produces clean water during the agitation cycle, I like to keep an eye on the process from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Tide costs more if I remember right. $18 for a 115oz bottle. I just got done chatting with a Tide rep and she seemed confident it will fare well for MFs especially concerning oil stains. We will see how it fares with “detailing stains”.
    Using Oxi-Clean to boost the performance of All Free and Clear works really well for detailing stains.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information