Post Thanks / Like

ONR for wiper fluid

I have been using one cap of blue ONR per tank with distilled water for the last 3 months. Dusty enviroment that doesnt see freezing temps.

Peoples thoughts on this?

Im hoping the polymers are not going to clog anything but so far its been pretty solid. Awesome for a wiper fluid, i cant say enough good things about how well it works, just about every quality you could want with wiper fluid and blade performance is the best ive seen other than dissolving bug guts i guess.

I have not noticed any of that over spray that collects dust cakes and bakes on the car as mud spots, i use to get that with standard fluid. I think ONR dries better in that sense. Cant really test it, im not putting a spot of standard methanol fluid on my car to sit over night just to see.

Anyone else have the urge to do this, or demands higher performance from their washer fluid? Or is this massively stupid and going to cost me a new wiper pump soon?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR for wiper fluid

Quick, flush the ONR out of the system ASAP! No, I`m just kidding. I also like excellent wiper performance. Smooth, silent, clear wipers are pleasing and safer. I used RainX until I learned that its chemicals were solidifying a layer around my washer fluid`s level sensor and triggering the light unnecessarily. So, I switched back to regular washer fluid. I think it`s worth trying using ONR. I don`t see it eating your pump. Regular washer fluid uses alcohol, and alcohol isn`t any better at lubricating than dilluted ONR. My only slight concern would be if ONR could clean water that has been mixed with automotive fluids that made its way onto your windscreen during a highway trip. Doesn`t seem too concerning though. I`m sure you would catch any real build-up before it became a problem.
    Keep an eye on if you get more or less glare at nighttime. That might be a good indicator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    Quick, flush the ONR out of the system ASAP! No, I`m just kidding. I also like excellent wiper performance. Smooth, silent, clear wipers are pleasing and safer. I used RainX until I learned that its chemicals were solidifying a layer around my washer fluid`s level sensor and triggering the light unnecessarily. So, I switched back to regular washer fluid. I think it`s worth trying using ONR. I don`t see it eating your pump. Regular washer fluid uses alcohol, and alcohol isn`t any better at lubricating than dilluted ONR. My only slight concern would be if ONR could clean water that has been mixed with automotive fluids that made its way onto your windscreen during a highway trip. Doesn`t seem too concerning though. I`m sure you would catch any real build-up before it became a problem.
    Keep an eye on if you get more or less glare at nighttime. That might be a good indicator.
    Realistically i could just use water plain. Its really dust that im dealing with, and the occasional bird bomb. Both of which ONR takes care of. This is a very light mix of the plain ONR so no glare at night. I keep the inside of my window clean and it makes the exterior invisible after a wipe. I did hit some sort of mutant moth on a highway drive that left some gunk, took a bit of work but it came off.

I do live in a odd enviroment, so im sure ONR wouldnt fare as well with midwest plains bug genocide or lots of pine sap ect. Does wonders for dust and general cleaning of the window.

Actually surprised more people in the southwest dont do this....its dirt cheap and wont speckle my sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using ONR in the wiper reservoir for years... works wonders. softens the water, doesn`t stain the paint/glass, breaks down & lubricates the dust particles. One of my favourite uses

Likes EXPDetailing liked this post

Thread Information