Post Thanks / Like

For all you PPF installers out there

Curious. I don`t think it will work with PPF but wondering...as my biggest gripes about custom PPF is the x-acto....

Does the vinyl cutting tape work on PPF.
    I saw how the the vinyl cutting tape was used on a vinyl job and that stuff is slick as sn0t
    Now if it can handle the much thicker and tougher PPF , the more the merrier. I would be one happy camper to see a knife-less install

Post Thanks / Like

Re: For all you PPF installers out there

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Curious. I don`t think it will work with PPF but wondering...as my biggest gripes about custom PPF is the x-acto....

Does the vinyl cutting tape work on PPF.
    I saw how the the vinyl cutting tape was used on a vinyl job and that stuff is slick as sn0t
    Now if it can handle the much thicker and tougher PPF , the more the merrier. I would be one happy camper to see a knife-less install
    I looked into the knifeless tape prior to going to training for PPF. From what others have said it didn`t work so well for PPF, which is why it`s been discontinued. I tried to order it but couldn`t find a site that had it anymore.

I`m still a newb with PPF but after practicing cutting on some test panels it`s not as hard as I thought it would be to skore the film without going through it. That being said it`s bound to happen eventually and "most" seasoned installers will admit that. I don`t really do "custom" installs but I extend edges on my kits to wrap them where possible and the majority of cutting I have to do is off the paint or trimming things like sharp corners on the hood. Occasionally alignment is off a hair and it needs to be trimmed back but that`s becoming more rare now. The film actually makes a squeaking noise when you skore it just right.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: For all you PPF installers out there

Which reminds me, I saw a video taken at the Worlds Championship of PPF or something similar. The video was very interesting. Those guys are good at their profession.

Thread Information